• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Harrison racial slur, very strange

NJHAWK

• Moderators

Harrison used a very offensive word but I don't think it is at all the equivalent of someone directing that word at a black person in the US.  Harrison used the word as an offensive version of the word "dude."  Stupid for sure -- especially in front of a mic.  Ulis needs to be starting for UK next year.  I am not a fan of either Harrison, but Andrew is the guy who can tank the team, IMO.  The way the Wisconsin game played out down the stretch was the nightmare I have been waiting for all season:  the Harrisons playing hero ball and taking bad shots down the stretch to lose the game.  I so very much wanted to see Ulis and Booker in the backcourt down the stretch.  Might have been a different outcome if we had, but Wisconsin is a good team so props to them.  They played smart, hard basketball.

Harrison used a very offensive word but I don't think it is at all the equivalent of someone directing that word at a black person in the US.  Harrison used the word as an offensive version of the word "dude."  Stupid for sure -- especially in front of a mic.  Ulis needs to be starting for UK next year.  I am not a fan of either Harrison, but Andrew is the guy who can tank the team, IMO.  The way the Wisconsin game played out down the stretch was the nightmare I have been waiting for all season:  the Harrisons playing hero ball and taking bad shots down the stretch to lose the game.  I so very much wanted to see Ulis and Booker in the backcourt down the stretch.  Might have been a different outcome if we had, but Wisconsin is a good team so props to them.  They played smart, hard basketball.

Yeah, I think you're right on Harrison's dumb-a** comment.  As a brutha, it pains me to see this kind of stuff from young people.  There are folks that have died to stop others from using that word and here we are in 2015 and kids throw it around like it's to be taken lightly.

I wish he would've faced the same scrutiny as what would've happened if Kamisky had made the same comment.

Anyway, I'll get off my mini-soap box.

I wish he would've faced the same scrutiny as what would've happened if Kamisky had made the same comment.

His life and career would never be the same (Kaminski that is). Im really suprised by the comment from Harrison but again were talking about a 19 year old in 2015. Times have changed, no excuse but thats the way things are now

• Moderators

I am glad neither of them had their reputation ruined in this. Harrison took a hit but it shouldn't haunt him for his career. That is the best result given the intent and context.

Edited by AHF