• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kaminsky or Pero in the Hawk front court?

atlhawks1

I think its a no brainer. We got to resign both Millsap and Carroll after drafting Kaminsky to replace Pero in the rotation......Its simple folks............... 

MY BAD, moderators can merge this with the kaminsky thread.........

Edited by atlhawks1

Gimme Pero all day (warts and all).  Kaminsky's gonna get folded in half his first few years in the league.

Folded like a lawn chair or a cheap suit (in honor of @SalvorMallow).

Edited by kg01

Definitely not Kaminski. I don't see him being a good pro. We have two options:

1. Resign Pero

2. Let Muscala take Pero's place as the stretch big and let Edy take Elton Brand's minutes and draft a wing to replace letting Jenkins go

I like option #2

Definitely not Kaminski. I don't see him being a good pro. We have two options:

1. Resign Pero

2. Let Muscala take Pero's place as the stretch big and let Edy take Elton Brand's minutes and draft a wing to replace letting Jenkins go

I like option #2

Lots of people not sold on Kaminsky. My problem with Pero is, the ONE thing he does good ( shooting the ball), he is not consistent at. Ive seen him play zero defense at the rim too much, and make a bad pass every game to stop momentum on offense. Its hard for me to say that Kaminsky's potential isnt greater than the MAX that Pero has brung to the table.

Pero is not a rim protector, he is a post defender - he is wide and strong, can hold his post position against bigger centers like Hibbert and Lopez. He has quick enough feet to set a solid screen and still rotate back to his man: something Kaminsky isn't at this point.

Would I like him to hit the open shots he takes, sure, but defense is why the Hawks win.

Lots of people not sold on Kaminsky. My problem with Pero is, the ONE thing he does good ( shooting the ball), he is not consistent at. Ive seen him play zero defense at the rim too much, and make a bad pass every game to stop momentum on offense. Its hard for me to say that Kaminsky's potential isnt greater than the MAX that Pero has brung to the table.

Kaminsky could be more valuable than Pero. That's not the issue, the issue is the cost for one is much greater than the other. I would rather prime Joe over Korver but I would rather Korver at 5 mil and a great contract over Joe at the max. 

For a top 10-12 pick, I would rather Oubre or Hezonja. Someone who could be a top 5 SG/SF in the NBA with the right development and time for our system. It's simply about value.

Kaminsky could be more valuable than Pero. That's not the issue, the issue is the cost for one is much greater than the other. I would rather prime Joe over Korver but I would rather Korver at 5 mil and a great contract over Joe at the max. 

For a top 10-12 pick, I would rather Oubre or Hezonja. Someone who could be a top 5 SG/SF in the NBA with the right development and time for our system. It's simply about value.

On a REBUILDING squad, what you said makes sense, but the Hawks are CONTENDING. They need refining, and with the big cap space they have, signing Kaminsky is not a issue. Its like a baseball team, bringing in a big contract, to make a playoff run. Next year, when Thabo is healthy, and if the Hawks resign Caroll and Millsap, paying money to bring Kaminsky in to help that front court, i dont think its a issue money wise because of the cap space. The Hawks are not gonna sit on it. They got enough to sign their own free agents and add to it.

Edited by atlhawks1

On a REBUILDING squad, what you said makes sense, but the Hawks are CONTENDING. They need refining, and with the big cap space they have, signing Kaminsky is not a issue. Its like a baseball team, bringing in a big contract, to make a playoff run. Next year, when Thabo is healthy, and if the Hawks resign Caroll and Millsap, paying money to bring Kaminsky in to help that front court, i dont think its a issue money wise because of the cap space. The Hawks are not gonna sit on it. They got enough to sign their own free agents and add to it.

When you are a contending team like us, you need guys you can develop into great players and play them to develop and not just to pick up bad habits. Look at what we are doing with Mike M and Dennis S. You have it all backwards. Regards, talent is going to shine and bloom faster if it's properly developed.

While he will be more effective, drafting him will feel like A. Payne all over again. He has too much adjustment to do for the position he would have to play in the NBA. With that pick, you rather just get someone to develop and has a high ceiling than the former. Look at Dennis for example. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired
  • Like 1