• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Theo calls out the coach....

Playmaker0017

"We go out and play to lose every single night, and we don't change what it is we need to do. I don't understand how your team can go out and play the exact same way and lose the exact same way every time on the floor -- have the same mistakes constantly made. It's crazy to me, [and] for it not to be addressed is beyond my imagination. I can't call it. If you keep doing what you're doing and it's not working -- I don't care what it is -- change up, do something, trap. I don't care. Change the starting five. Do something. Do something, man. To sit there and just let that . . . happen like that. It's terrible. Just terrible."

Even Theo sees that this coach is an idiot. He isn't changing anything. Theo is also calling out the other players, but this is mainly directed towards the coach.

Play.

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...03/17hawks.html

the whole article is listed above...if anything, this outburst makes me want to keep theo...he had an outburst last season also..which means he cares...but yeah, he just basically called out the coach saying we aren't changing anything that we're doing wrong...

either it's coaching the help defense or our guards(jason terry) can't guard...

i may be more inclined to trade jt right now than theo...

Hotlanta,

Sorry man, but you are offbase here.

Theo probably made a blunder with Dog - but he probably thought it had more to do with Dog then the coach.

But, as for the rebounds.... it is hard to rebound when a team is making over 50% of their shots and you are forced out of your position because the backcourt can't even begin to guard their men.

Play.

Hotlanta,

Sorry man, but you are offbase here.

Theo probably made a blunder with Dog - but he probably thought it had more to do with Dog then the coach.

But, as for the rebounds.... it is hard to rebound when a team is making over 50% of their shots and you are forced out of your position because the backcourt can't even begin to guard their men.

Play.

Hotz,

There is no doubt Theo isn't a stellar rebounder. He tries TOO hard for the block rather than being smart, and playing position or boxing a man out.

A lot of that is due to coaching and how he has been asked to play, in Philly and Atlanta.

He is not a true center. There is no doubt.

But, when put on a scale (albeit a pretty worthless scale) he has more value then everyone except Reef on this squad. He also has one of the better understandings of basketball then most of our guys.

Play.

Is sad, so sad, but reading that article it sounds to me that Stotts is clueless and Theo has more knowledge of what to do to win. If we do not have good one-on-one defenders then trap, if we do not have good half court sets then crash the offensive boards. Another thing I have a problem with Stotts coaching is the freaking pick n Roll, every team expects it, so the forward or Center show them self really hard on top of the key, so change it up Stotts have a cutter or 2 come down the lane, keep the defense off balance and respectable.

JTFan,

Correct.

Stotts is awful.

From the beginning of the year, Theo has exacerbated that we should be getting the ball in the post. He believes Reef should be the focal point of the offense. (even Diaw said his job is to get Reef and Theo the ball) But Stotts believes in the college style of offense... or worse yet, the high school system where EVERYONE gets shots.

That doesn't work.

On defense he doesn't change it up. And when he does, he changes it to things that work worse. A THREE-TWO ZONE when you are rebounding poorly, is NOT a good choice. Where are you going to get the rebounds?

Further, we DOUBLE EVERYONE?! What is that? Then you put us in a zone, where you have to sag... open for three all night or the drive and kick.

The pick and roll with JT and Reef is, maybe, the worst play in basketball. JT can't get the ball off to Reef. Reef doesn't set a good screen and doesn't roll strong to the basket. Yet, we run this play 20 times a game.

Play.

Theo was on the Stews earlier this year and he said basically the same thing. They asked about Dog and his TOs and shot selection/lack of defense and Theo said it was up to the coaches to allow that to happen. He said we need to play inside out every night to move the defense and our guards need to work harder to deny penetration. He just seem to have little faith in Stotts to make changes.

Something has to happen ......trade or fire somebody!

It does not make sense to do the same thing night in and night out.

From the beginning of the year, Theo has exacerbated that we should be getting the ball in the post. He believes Reef should be the focal point of the offense. (even Diaw said his job is to get Reef and Theo the ball) But Stotts believes in the college style of offense... or worse yet, the high school system where EVERYONE gets shots. "

It isn't Stotts fault the NBA isnt real basketball anymore.

No wonder the college game is supposed to be better than

the NBA....

"Further, we DOUBLE EVERYONE?! What is that? "

Because JT/SAR/Dion/Jax/Nailon/Theo can't defend

one on one. The only ones that can defend one on

one on this team is Vaughn and Diaw...That's IT.

"The pick and roll with JT and Reef is, maybe, the worst play in basketball. JT can't get the ball off to Reef. Reef doesn't set a good screen and doesn't roll strong to the basket. Yet, we run this play 20 times a game."

Yeah that's another problem if Reef...If it isn't scoring

he doesn't understand how it works. JT only ran the

pick n roll well with Lo...Can't remember him doing it

good with anyone else.