• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DeMarre Carroll was never going to stop James

APE

And that's a fact. We're all bummed about the injury for obvious reasons.

It's a huge loss offensively because he's been the best offensive player this post-season. This puts pressure on the two All Star big men who allowed Thompson and Mozgov to both get double doubles. With DMC, James was always going to get his. And if DMC were to be effective, we know damn well the refs would start calling fouls on DMC for breathing the same air as James. 

The deciding factor in this series isn't DMC's injury, it's Sap and Horford stepping it up and taking charge. There are also things like worthless Antić and reckless Schrader, but neither as big as Horford and Millsap needing to dominate inside.

• Like 1

Thank god, it was not a torn ACL. Hope Caroll can recover quickly.

About defeding Lebron, I think Caroll just need to use his hands and contest when Lebron pulling up his jumpers. 

Yea Schröder was forcing too many contested floaters and shots. But it's a learning lesson for him, he's still young. He will make mistakes.

Mismatches... Lebron always switch defenders and post up smaller guards on Jeff and Dennis, and he's taking advantage of it.

I would like to see what kind of adjustments will Hawks make in game 2.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

I'm confused as to why we ran so few pick and pops and rolls. Al Horford was playing very well, but this team and most importantly coach Bud let the refs mind f*** us out of our game with BS offensive fouls against our bigs on screens. It feels like we completely abandoned what was working in the first half and started posting up Al and running iso for Millsap.

It's hard for me too complain about Al when he's 8-12 and only gets 12 shots. It's great to have a free flowing offense, but we need to be able to get our hot players more shots in positions they can be successful. Pick plays are our most favorable matchup. You end with Horford on an oaf or Teague on a turnstile. We should be running that to death. Come on coach Bud.

Also Demaree's injury looked like a hyper extension to me. Hopefully that's what it is.

Edited by ATLien_
  • Like 2

• Moderators

The goal is never to stop LeBron cause that's damn near impossible. The goal was to limit LeBron, but also force the ball out of his hands and make someone else beat us... Then J.R. Smith beat us and we went ice cold again. We still have sliver of hope, but Our point guards are going to have to start showing up and being consistent. Kyrie is hurt and we did nothing to exploit that.