• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Handy-Dandy Mocks Reference Chart

sturt

Saves us a several clicks, lol.

For real.  But now what am I gonna do with those coupla minutes at work I usually spend perusing mock drafts?  Guess I'll have to *gasp* be productive ... shok.gif

Thanks a lot @sturt

• Premium Member

For real.  But now what am I gonna do with those coupla minutes at work I usually spend perusing mock drafts?  Guess I'll have to *gasp* be productive ... shok.gif

Thanks a lot @sturt

There's always next week's pre-draft chart update--maybe you can volunteer?... hehe...

• Premium Member

Finally got those Chad Ford picks--actually he just revised today. So, it's all done now. Biggest leap in his revision is Dekker @ 8.

Clearly, Portis is the mock odds-on favorite, and everyone's of the opinion that if we want him, we'll get him there at 15 w/o question.

Here's what Suns' HC Hornacek said about Portis after a recent workout:

"What impressed us today is how he got after it defensively," said coach Hornacek. "He wasn't afraid, he didn't back off. He really goes after the ball on the boards. When they shot the ball, he's going to get it."

Hornacek has commented for two years how the Suns need to get tougher in the paint and on the boards. He regularly laments the Morris brothers' lack of interest in banging and fighting for contested rebounds. Here, he sees Portis doing what he likes to see.

"Bobby really went after the rebounds today," he said. "To be a rebounder in the NBA you have to be aggressive. You have to want it. He wants it and he goes and gets it."

While going for rebounds is good, he needs his power forward to defend all over the court too.

"For a big guy," he said, "[the question is] can they get out to the three point line on defense? He (Portis) moves his feet, drives hard."

Hornacek followed that up another compliment, saying Portis' effort level wasn't extra pumped just for the predraft workouts like so many other prospects.

"One of our scouts said earlier he's been doing that since high school."

But you can't just play defense and rebound. Hornacek also knows they need offense from the power forward position, which is why the Morris twins spend so much time there. You need the front court to score in the Suns offense or Bledsoe and Knight will feel like they are on an island, and the defense won't sag off them to guard the perimeter.

"Offensively he's got nice moves," Hornacek said of Portis. "Good midrange shooting. He'll have to work on his threes a little bit."

Ah yes, the threes. No, Portis is not going to step in as that "stretch four" the Suns offense needs so badly. Pair him with T.J. Warren and Eric Bledsoe, the threes will be scarce. But do you pass on a guy with all those other strengths because of that one weakness?

"I was very impressed with his effort, his knowledge of the game," Hornacek continued. "He made some great passes today. His overall game really showed he's going to be a good player."

Just going by averages, the 15th player ends up being Dekker.

At least one team drafting behind us that appears to have interest in both--and thus, could either try to jump up in front of us, or who could be a trading partner--is the Bucks.

Reviewing the Bucks' assets, I'm really only seeing one that seems like it could be tempting, which is that they own LAC's 2017 lottery-protected pick. Were they to ante that up on the table, I'd be up for trading back with them to 17 and grabbing Justin Anderson there.