• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

They are playing for your next years salary? Who do you pick?

HawkItus

• Moderators

Man that is tough.  

The Westbrook, Shaq, Lebron team is definitely the worst, IMO.  You have no real perimeter shooting, some defensive issues with Barkley trying to play SF, and some weak links like hack-a-shack.  So they are out for me first.

The next group out is tougher.  As much as I don't like it, I think the next bunch out is the Jordan group.  Which is hard because when I saw Hakeem, Robinson and Jordan I was thinking "this will be the winner" and then I saw Wade and Iverson.  That group plays Jordan at SF, Wade at SG and Iverson at PG.  No real facilitator among the bunch and Iverson is a liability among these greats on both ends of the court.  They are a slight edge behind the Magic, Wilt, Pippen bunch which I just think would be a devastating group defensively.  The only worry I have for them is that they don't have a lot of speed.  The only plus speed guys in that bunch are the frontcourt guys in Wilt and the Brow.  Only one really good perimeter shooter as well.

That leaves the winner for me in the Kareem, Duncan, Bird, Kobe and Paul group.  For me, Kareem is your greatest center of all-time.  Duncan is your greatest PF of all-time.  Bird is your greatest SF of all time.  Paul would work very well in a group like this and he is solid both on the perimeter and on defense.  Kobe is the biggest question mark for me but he has put winning behind gunning at times in his career and he can be an impact player on both sides of the ball.  Bird is your only defensive issue but this is probably the best group for balance with a real facilitator, good perimeter shooting and elite post play.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

The kid in me says the Jordan/Hakeem group. The adult in me says Kareem/Duncan group. If the Jordan/Hakeem group had a playmaking point, it would be a no brainer for me. But you can't have Iverson as your point guard, unfortunately there is only 1 ball.

• Moderators

I got the Lebron group.  Physically they just isolate you and pound inside.  They kill on the boards and who is stopping James, Barkley, Westbrook on the fast break?

Can you imagine how congested the paint would be with that group?  Shaq, Malone, Barkley and Lebron all trying to post up inside and their best perimeters shooters being 34% 3pt%, 30% 3pt% and 26% 3pt%.

Can you imagine how congested the paint would be with that group? Shaq, Malone, Barkley and Lebron all trying to post up inside and their best perimeters shooters being 34% 3pt%, 30% 3pt% and 26% 3pt%.

But you told us we should/could draft 12 centers in the dynasty summer league...:-|

Lol

Gimme Magic's squad all day even if I'm no big believer in Wilt or Russell being dominant in any other era. He got arguably the best scoring and defensive 3s of modern times, and The Brow? Forget about it.

There are two type of NBA fans I guess: those who worship A.I. And those who are like "meh". I'm the latter. Bigger Pippen and Ron Harper fan than Jordan.

I'm a known CP3 hater. His size and awful length kill him on too many fronts. Replace him with Kidd and I'm riding with Kobe and Tim all day.

Barkley is just a clown who couldn't even ride a champion's coattails right. Don't get me started on Shaq's out of shape, limited skill set face ass. Lebron would trade them mid-season.

Edited by benhillboy

Gimme Magic's squad all day even if I'm no big believer in Wilt or Russell being dominant in any other era. He got arguably the best scoring and defensive 3s of modern times, and The Brow? Forget about it.

There are two type of NBA fans I guess: those who worship A.I. And those who are like "meh". I'm the latter. Bigger Pippen and Ron Harper fan than Jordan.

I'm a known CP3 hater. His size and awful length kill him on too many fronts. Replace him with Kidd and I'm riding with Kobe and Tim all day.

Barkley is just a clown who couldn't even ride a champion's coattails right. Don't get me started on Shaq's out of shape, limited skill set face ass. Lebron would trade them mid-season.

I have no problem with Iverson...love him at the 2 guard. As long as your point guard is over 6'5"

• Moderators

I have no problem with Iverson...love him at the 2 guard. As long as your point guard is over 6'5"

The problem for him on these teams is that (a) he can't stretch the floor so spacing is an issue without a single 3pt shooter; (b) he needs to dominate the ball to do his thing; and © he is not an efficient volume scorer so every shot he takes is one less shot for much more efficient scorers to take.  On the plus side, Hakeem and Robinson should see tons of rebounding opportunities if he is running the show!

The problem for him on these teams is that (a) he can't stretch the floor so spacing is an issue without a single 3pt shooter; (b) he needs to dominate the ball to do his thing; and © he is not an efficient volume scorer so every shot he takes is one less shot for much more efficient scorers to take. On the plus side, Hakeem and Robinson should see tons of rebounding opportunities if he is running the show!

Agreed. Spacing is the problem with most of these teams. It's one giant cluster fudge. Can't I just come up with my own 5 here with a nice mix n match lol :-) ...If that was possible I'd go:

Magic

Jordan

Bird

Karl Malone

Hakeem

:-D

• Admin

Man that is tough.  

The Westbrook, Shaq, Lebron team is definitely the worst, IMO.  You have no real perimeter shooting, some defensive issues with Barkley trying to play SF, and some weak links like hack-a-shack.  So they are out for me first.

The next group out is tougher.  As much as I don't like it, I think the next bunch out is the Jordan group.  Which is hard because when I saw Hakeem, Robinson and Jordan I was thinking "this will be the winner" and then I saw Wade and Iverson.  That group plays Jordan at SF, Wade at SG and Iverson at PG.  No real facilitator among the bunch and Iverson is a liability among these greats on both ends of the court.  They are a slight edge behind the Magic, Wilt, Pippen bunch which I just think would be a devastating group defensively.  The only worry I have for them is that they don't have a lot of speed.  The only plus speed guys in that bunch are the frontcourt guys in Wilt and the Brow.  Only one really good perimeter shooter as well.

That leaves the winner for me in the Kareem, Duncan, Bird, Kobe and Paul group.  For me, Kareem is your greatest center of all-time.  Duncan is your greatest PF of all-time.  Bird is your greatest SF of all time.  Paul would work very well in a group like this and he is solid both on the perimeter and on defense.  Kobe is the biggest question mark for me but he has put winning behind gunning at times in his career and he can be an impact player on both sides of the ball.  Bird is your only defensive issue but this is probably the best group for balance with a real facilitator, good perimeter shooting and elite post play.

i agree with everything u said