• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hansen looking more confident....lets see Dickau

Admin

For whatever reason, Terry Stotts simply doesn't like Dan Dickau.

Dickau brings the smarts and the court vision that Jason Terry lacks.

I think the more Hansen plays, the more confident he will get. As you can see though, Hansen doesn't even get consistent minutes when he starts.

Chris Crawford should get some more time as well. At least he's willing to defend.

IMO, with Diaw out, Dickau, Hansen, and Crawford should be in our starting line up. If we are going to lose, let's lose with players who are actually trying hard.

Yeah I agree about the playing time for the guys who want it thing. I believe that Hansen would have gotten more time tonight if he hadnt been in foul trouble for most of the game. When he was in there he was basically shutting down Van Horn and when he went out Van Horn caught fire, especially in the 4th. This team is basically screwed no matter what we do though. We cant defend one on one on the perimeter because our guards play the ole defense and we cant defend with a zone because we are too slow to react. This is just a sad sad team on defense and we arent much better on offense. No way in [censored] a team with scorers like JT and SAR should only score 91 pts per game.

Well, I don't know if he was guarding Houston or Van Horn most of the time. However, when he was in the game, neither of them were scoring much.

Houston had all of 4 points when Hansen was in the game, and all of those came on free throws. Houston really took advantage of the mini-me back court.

I hate the way the NBA is though. Travis Hansen is a guy who was out there, busting his rump trying to stick with his man, and he gets ticky tack fouls called on him. A guy like Allan Houston can get away with robbery on the court though.

I don't know why Stotts absolutely refuses to play Dan Dickau though.

There has to be something to the Dickau thing because it just doesnt make sense. Maybe he just isnt a Stotts kinda player, I dunno.

You are right about the fouls that Hansen was getting called on him tonight, it was crap. That dunk he had in the beginning of the game was nice though wasnt it? The kid definitely has some hops. Both he and Diaw are very good dunkers.

I read someone else mention DJ earlier, maybe its time to give him a try and see what he can do . Cant be any worse than what we are doing now. Jax absolutely must come out of the starting lineup thats for sure. When he is in he shoots too many 3's and those nasty drives to the lane where he either misses or gets stripped are just horrible. He keeps going in expecting to get a foul called or something and he rarely does. Tonight he got a few calls but there were still plenty of times the went in and turned it over.

Athletically, Hansen reminds me of Rex Chapman. He doesn't quite have Rex's jumper.

Dickau had a 10 assists game against Dallas last season, and for whatever reason, he hasn't gotten much playing time since then.

It seems the driving force behind picking him was Eric Musselman. Musselman lauded Dickau's ability to penetrate the lane after a game against the Warriors last year, and he was really pushing for the Warriors to draft Luke Ridnour this year, which they didn't do.

Yeah thats another thing that we really screwed the pooch on, letting EMuss get away. There was no way to know that he would be such a good coach right away, but he still couldnt have been any worse than Kruger was. That [censored] trade for Robinson and the playoff guarantee because of him is what allowed Kruger to be kept on, essentially costing us Mussleman.

CC/Hansen/Dickua Dolfan's backcourt of the future LMBAO. Lets just put them on waivers and be done.

I told you dorks on this site if the Hawks keep going after the same Jacque Vaughns, Donyell Marshalls and Stephen Jacksons of the world they would lose. But no we have to get in the playoffs now instead of building a team that can win in the long run lets use this option and that trade or draft pick to get yet another second teir player that will not make us better long run. When was the last time the Hawks even had a lotto pick what 2 - 3 years ago. But no we should trade picks to get Lorenzen Wright, or Glenn Robinson(not as bad). Knight is doing a good job dropping dead weight contracts but Babcock has really F#cked this team.

Reef is fundamentally worthless as a #1 option but as a #2 or 3 star he would be great. Oh and hawksquawk experts guess what. Chad Ford was right JT isnt a point guard. The Hawks need to lose lose lose get a #1,2 or 3 pick. Pick up Dwight Howard HS,ATL. Then move Ratliff/JT to get a low lotta pick several future picks and maybe a contract that could go off the books like a Grant Hill. Pick up Josh Smith HS,ATL late lotto. We will then have a few building blocks in Howard and Smith. Plus we could consider going after Tony Parker(just a thought)

Center?/PF Howard/SF Smith/SG Diaw/Tony Parker?. THis team will lose like pigs which means another high lotto pick and SAR ready for the trading block. the Hawks could pick up future star Center and PG with a pair of high lotto picks and the Hawks will have a young hungry team instead of a bunch of young heartless slobs.

That's assuming Howard and Smith are hungry. I expect they are, but I expect most players to be so you never know. That said, I would love it if the Hawks picked up Howard - at least from the reports I have read about him. Smith sounds like a player to, but the Darius Miles athletic wonder/basketball dud thing scares me. Smith though, by all accounts, is much more advanced then Miles.