• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis simply isn't ready to start

DJlaysitup

He isn't playing as well this season as he could, for sure. He worked on his shot, shootting a decent percentage on 3's with much higher volume and he scored a lot at the start of the season. He also has fewer turnovers and defends very(!) well. Unfortunately he has not been able to combine his progress in the areas of shooting and committing less turovers with still managing the game well enough. I see him add more tools to his toolbox, but he still needs time to figure out, what and when to use appropriately. Which, in my opinion, is to be expected from a 22-year old PG.

I think it says a lot, if the, though talented, 22-year old backup-PG is being blamed for a teams poor performance that still has 3 All-Stars on it...

I also think that the team will get significantly better when the schedule stops being so busy. They have had zero time to make adjustments in pratice because of the tight schedule. Once they get to playing only every 3-4 days, we will see some changes and improvements.

• Premium Member

Dennis is definitely not starter material yet, and his great defense is a bit of a myth to me IMO; the guy constantly gets beat putting pressure on our bigs (one of the reasons we can't rebound is our bigs constantly out of position due to helping out on dribble penetration)  does an average at best job on screens and his ball pressure is hit and miss, as more often than not it leads to a personal foul; he also is too aggressive getting out on lackluster shooters and is a non existent source of steals... I do think he has some moments but overall his defensive impact is average at best. Teague is light years ahead of him at this stage, and truth be told I'm not sure how much better Dennis is a 22 than Jeff Teague.  He is a serviceable backup PG, but definitely not the sixth man of the year type of player we were all hoping for so far. Hopefully he gets better as the season goes along.