• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pau Gasol

Vol4ever

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

THATS the problem. Hawks dont need yet ANOTHER stretch big, they need a bruiser in the paint.  He and Al would be outside fighting for touches.......lol

Ya they need a bruiser like Brook Lopez...lol...stop it...

Gasol>>>>>>>>>>>> Lopez

8 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Ya they need a bruiser like Brook Lopez...lol...stop it...

Gasol>>>>>>>>>>>> Lopez

I actually agree with you. I was wrong about Lopez being the RIGHT fit for the hawks.  No, I prefer someone more physical in the paint.  The MAIN reason Sap gets banged on and can't get foul calls is because the hawks are looked at as being soft. Referees don't even respect them.

• Admin
10 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

THATS the problem. Hawks dont need yet ANOTHER stretch big, they need a bruiser in the paint.  He and Al would be outside fighting for touches.......lol

Actually Pau has a great inside game ... he has a great mid range but his post game is one of the tops in the league.  He is also a willing to go in and rebound guy ... the big thing I love about Pau is his bbiq and his willingness to pass.  Exactly what this system is made for.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I actually agree with you. I was wrong about Lopez being the RIGHT fit for the hawks.  No, I prefer someone more physical in the paint.  The MAIN reason Sap gets banged on and can't get foul calls is because the hawks are looked at as being soft. Referees don't even respect them.

Sap doesn't get calls because he isn't considered a Superstar and he plays for the Hawks. If he was playing in NY or next to LBJ or Dwade he'd get the calls. It's the nature of the NBA and it sucks for us.

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Actually Pau has a great inside game ... he has a great mid range but his post game is one of the tops in the league.  He is also a willing to go in and rebound guy ... the big thing I love about Pau is his bbiq and his willingness to pass.  Exactly what this system is made for.

I've wanted Pau when we still had Joe and LAL was looking to trade Pau.  Josh was on table but rumor was  LAL wanted Teague plus 1st round pick. I still wanted Pau in 2014 but he went to Bulls.

Wished we had traded Josh then.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I've wanted Pau when we still had Joe and LAL was looking to trade Pau.  Josh was on table but rumor was  LAL wanted Teague plus 1st round pick. I still wanted Pau in 2014 but he went to Bulls.

Wished we had traded Josh then.

I remember that too...i don't remember the Lakers wanting Teague and a 1st but I remember Smoove for Pau...wish it would have happened too. Pau is a great lockeroom guy...post skills...outside, inside, length, passing...he's got a lot of skills.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well it's not like our current bigs are running the floor.

I think health/mileage are a concern for Pow.  I have a feeling the wheels will be falling off of him by the end of the season considering the Eurocup(?) tournament he played in this offseason.

Also, how come this thread hasn't been moved to the Trade Forum?  Dolf and AHF slippin' as usual.

inb4thalock/merge/move

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well it's not like our current bigs are running the floor.

What do you mean?   I think they are.   Horford's out leading the break half the time.   It seems like last year when we played against Pau he just couldn't keep up with our guys and we got a lot of great transition opportunities because of him being on the floor.  

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

What do you mean?   I think they are.   Horford's out leading the break half the time.   It seems like last year when we played against Pau he just couldn't keep up with our guys and we got a lot of great transition opportunities because of him being on the floor.  

Last year they were, this year not so much. Our entire pace of play has slowed.

So if you had a choice between Pau and Splitter you'd take Splitter? 

I'm taking Pau every time and he's 'only' making $7.4 mil, less that Splitter's $8.5

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Last year they were, this year not so much. Our entire pace of play has slowed.

Well that may be but if we really want to see it slow down we'll get Pau in here.   I do think we need some better veteran players coming off the bench.   I'm just not a fan of Pau at this point.  

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Well that may be but if we really want to see it slow down we'll get Pau in here.   I do think we need some better veteran players coming off the bench.   I'm just not a fan of Pau at this point.  

Depends on the price.