• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumor: Swaggy P to the ATL

HawkItus

Technically, this isn't a rumor.  This is some guy (Eric Yee) proposing (a) potentially trading Young and (b) listing us as a possible destination.  IOW, it's basically made up.

But according to Eric Yee of Lake Show Life, the Lakers should start preparing for next season as early as now, and that means trading Young.

I'd rather continue to develop THJr., who appears to be open to being developed, than trade for a potential headcase who doesn't really fit .... anything we appear to be trying to do.

ETA: I'd rather bring bak Jamal Crawford for cheaper.  At least we'd know what we're getting.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

What an indictment of the Hardaway trade.  

Swaggy+P.gif

I have to throw in Mack...yet I wouldn't say no immediately.

• Moderators

Yea this isn't a rumor at all and i see no way he fits in with the Hawks.   Plus I don't think people realize he's 30 years old and has been in the league 10 years.   He can't get off the bench for one of the worst teams in the league.    No thanks.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

What an indictment of the Hardaway trade.  

Swaggy+P.gif

I have to throw in Mack...yet I wouldn't say no immediately.

Stop it.  It's just some rando guy throwing out some meaningless trade proposal.

Also, has any gif ever been so appropriate in describing a guy?

• Moderators
Just now, kg01 said:

Stop it.  It's just some rando guy throwing out some meaningless trade proposal.

Also, has any gif ever been so appropriate in describing a guy?

It isn't the fact that some rando guy is throwing out a trade proposal.  It is that a level-headed poster reacts to it by saying, "Hmmm...I'll think about it."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

It isn't the fact that some rando guy is throwing out a trade proposal.  It is that a level-headed poster reacts to it by saying, "Hmmm...I'll think about it."

Again, stop it.  Everybody knows @HawkItus isn't level-headed.  Heigh-ohhhhh!!!!

Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with 'thinking about it'.  He didn't say he'd do it.

To play in Bud's system you have to play defense and passing up good shots for great shots.  Young hasn't been a capable or willing defender (though the 'article' says something, something) and he's never been shy about letting it fly.

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Again, stop it.  Everybody knows @HawkItus isn't level-headed.  Heigh-ohhhhh!!!!

Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with 'thinking about it'.  He didn't say he'd do it.

After watching this team I think Bud could work with a guy like Swaggy.  We have so many level headed, good, system guys.  But, we don't have a JR Smith type guy.   Just crazy enough to do what we need done when things are tough.  A guy to be the bad guy.

• Moderators
Just now, HawkItus said:

After watching this team I think Bud could work with a guy like Swaggy.  We have so many level headed, good, system guys.  But, we don't have a JR Smith type guy.   Just crazy enough to do what we need done when things are tough.  A guy to be the bad guy.

I'd much rather just have JR Smith.

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

6qIx7Iv.jpg

Ah, Buster.  He's so naive.  Having kid #3 will allow me to go back and watch shows like Arthur more and blame it on wanting the kids to watch something wholesome.

#EverybodyWins?

1 minute ago, HawkItus said:

From the AJC article on THJr's D-League stint, it sounds like Budz is grooming him to be that bad guy.  Just want him to get out there and 'let it fly' a bit or STTE.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah, Buster.  He's so naive.  Having kid #3 will allow me to go back and watch shows like Arthur more and blame it on wanting the kids to watch something wholesome.

#EverybodyWins?

From the AJC article on THJr's D-League stint, it sounds like Budz is grooming him to be that bad guy.  Just want him to get out there and 'let it fly' a bit or STTE.

Arthur always confused me.   What kind of animal is that bully kid?   He has like a potato for a head.     And the families are all the same type of animal.   I mean wouldn't we be having rabbit/ardvark mixes and stuff?   Maybe i'm overthinking it.  

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Arthur always confused me.   What kind of animal is that bully kid?   He has like a potato for a head.     And the families are all the same type of animal.   I mean wouldn't we be having rabbit/ardvark mixes and stuff?   Maybe i'm overthinking it.  

Sometimes it's best just no think about such things or you'll spend a lifetime doing this...

ThronesConfused3.gif

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah, my wife always tell me to not apply grown-up ideas to kid shows.  IOW, don't over-think it.

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I've actually been doing that a lot lately with some of the posts here.   Although I don't look nearly as cool.

4 days off will do that.