• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta, we have a problem !!

Gray Mule

2 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Stop me if you've heard this one before.  Cleveland is so far superior in the east that no other team has a chance

if they stay healthy.  Golden state is the best, finest NBA team anywhere.  No team in existence can beat them

in a best of four contest.

Some on Hawksquawk want to destroy our present team.  Why?  Because we found out that, not because we're

not great but that Florida team that just won two straight from us is better than we thought.

Simple solution for everyone.  When we have the all star break, go ahead and award Cleveland the eastern championship

and award Golden State the western division trophy and the NBA championship and end the season right there.  Why

go on when we already know the results?

For all of you who want to tear down the Hawks and replace everyone, including the coaches because we are not capable

of winning everything right now, what is the solution.  We all know there is a problem.  Can't argue with the facts.

Someone made a list of all Hawks and wanted to get rid of each and every one of them.  Some were not even considered

good enough to wear an NBA uniform.  Please share with us who you would get to replace each and every player presently

on the roster, how you would be able to obtain these players.  You must either trade for them or purchase them outright

as free agents.  This team you put together must be better than Cleveland or Golden State because nothing less than the

very best will do.  We breathlessly await your reply!!!

They can't, that's why I do not pay them any mind. 

Dang!  What's happened?  Torn down Hawks, we saw.  Do away with them all!

Solution?

Deadly quiet.  No answers at all.  Come on.  You know that you know.  Share with us.

• Like 1

There is no true solution that that question because Golden State was patience with the piece they got and the ones that they have to let go to get better (M. Ellis) and Cleveland was blessed with the King and that is all.

But Grey, you should know this but let think about this for a second. 

Do you think this team will have a chance to beat Raptors, Pacers, Cavs and Bulls in a Seven Game series currently constructed as is?  If the answer is No, then you have to start looking around for better options

Also, this team is getting older and if we can get a part that is going to help this team out in the long run, when you have to start looking around.

You misunderstand.  I'm not against making a swap or two before the trade deadline.  Not at all.

The point is, some wish to get rid of every player on the roster and every coach.  They will not

be satisfied unless Atlanta can have a better NBA team than any other team now in existence.

The question is:  Who would they trade for or sign as free agents to accomplish this.  Remember,

not a single player or coach left/

• Premium Member

We have something building in Atlanta. Why tear it down? I completely agree that this team has been underperforming based upon last year incredible run, but I still believe that this team CAN make it to the ECF. The question is do they want it bad enough?.  I truly believe that this team is suffering from "championship" hangover. That's how well last year went for the home team. I'm all for trade's and improving the team, but like Gray said" for who and for what price"?. IMO the Hawks lost that "killer focus" that made history. Our defense has been poor and we don't have a constant 3pt threat(DMC)to pair up with Korver. Which means we can't spread the floor like last season. So if you wanna beat  the Hawks,lockdown the paint....cause a jump shooting team with with rebound problems will always beat them selves. IMO keep the band together, and let's see how far we can go.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, QuantumHawkz said:

We have something building in Atlanta. Why tear it down? I completely agree that this team has been underperforming based upon last year incredible run, but I still believe that this team CAN make it to the ECF. The question is do they want it bad enough?.  I truly believe that this team is suffering from "championship" hangover. That's how well last year went for the home team. I'm all for trade's and improving the team, but like Gray said" for who and for what price"?. IMO the Hawks lost that "killer focus" that made history. Our defense has been poor and we don't have a constant 3pt threat(DMC)to pair up with Korver. Which means we can't spread the floor like last season. So if you wanna beat  the Hawks,lockdown the paint....cause a jump shooting team with with rebound problems will always beat them selves. IMO keep the band together, and let's see how far we can go.

I can understand how you feel but here is the question, we are fundamental broken right now and I know that we need rebounding help and get a lot younger, so how we are going to do that?  Changes needs to happen or we are going to be in the treadmill again and it is not a good place to be.

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

I can understand how you feel but here is the question, we are fundamental broken right now and I know that we need rebounding help and get a lot younger, so how we are going to do that?  Changes needs to happen or we are going to be in the treadmill again and it is not a good place to be.

I feel you, but I don't feel trading players now will help anything. I say just wait til the off season to make any moves.

• Premium Member

A few years ago, I was all for tearing this team down and starting over.  Having convinced myself that you could only build a contender by planting it's roots in the lottery, I was blindsided by last year's historic Hawks team.  It's changed my views on a lot of things - specifically, that we don't have to be terrible to be good.  It can be done and we damn near did it last year.

One thing that hasn't changed in my mind is how I feel about standing still.  Sometimes, it is the right move to hold out and look for that tweak that will put you over.  But it's never a good idea to have that rigid Babcock mentality of competing at all costs.  By that I mean, blindly (and very homerishly) plowing forward with a core that is not capable of reaching the ECFs and is very much questionable for the Eastern semis.

That being said, I'm not entirely sure where we are as a team - that's what they pay our front office floodles and zoodles of dollars to figure out.  I can say this though, it is not a given that we can bring Horford back (I brought this up about 3 seasons ago) and we have a surplus at PG.  We need to get some value out of that and not repeat the mistakes made by the ASG (and to a degree, Babcock) by sitting still and doing nothing.  If we're staying the competitive route, then we gamble in the offseason with Horford, but we move Teague now if we can get a decent wing player.

• Like 1