• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Heres What I Would Do

jmac54

Jeff Teague/Splitter/Korver For Howard and Beverly.

Dennis Can Start and Beverly can be the solid defensive minded backup PG. Who's been to the West Finals Before. Plus Kyle is old and struggling and Splitter is useless.

Then. I trade Horford and Mike Scott or Mack Plus some other incentives to Either Denver for Faried and some players back. Or to the Clippers for Blake and a pick or something.

Then we'd have a lineup of :

Dennis/Beverly

Bazemore/Thabo/Hardaway

Millsap/Thabo/Hardaway

Millsap/Faired Or Blake

Howard/Tavares.

The only really weakness i see here is the SF spot with Paul not being as versatile possibly to play the 3. As he is getting older. Heck we could also trade him too and get a real SF to fill that spot. Then we would be pretty legit. 

However all of these trade scenarios do work. And if ATL management is willing to put a winner together right now then these are the trades that would need to go down. 

We need to address rebounding first and foremost and anyone who thinks things will change with Al and Paul are sadly mistaken. We need to hand the keys over to Dennis now. He's young and has tons of time to grow now.

• Like 1

Houston needs a PG do you not see that already? They have 0 PGs that can do anything. We would also throw in some picks and Houston would be all over it for sure. They'd probably just want to give us TY Lawson for free. Thats how bad they feel about their PG position. Teague would be a massive upgrade for them and they still have Cappella.

18 minutes ago, jmac54 said:

Houston needs a PG do you not see that already? They have 0 PGs that can do anything. We would also throw in some picks and Houston would be all over it for sure. They'd probably just want to give us TY Lawson for free. Thats how bad they feel about their PG position. Teague would be a massive upgrade for them and they still have Cappella.

HOU's problem is and will always be Harden.  Doesn't matter who/what they put at 1, he's not going to allow them to sniff the ball much less actually run an offense.

• Admin
18 minutes ago, kg01 said:

HOU's problem is and will always be Harden.  Doesn't matter who/what they put at 1, he's not going to allow them to sniff the ball much less actually run an offense.

Yes, they need a Derek Fisher type who doesn't need to handle the ball and will hit the 3 when it is passed to him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Yes, they need a Derek Fisher type who doesn't need to handle the ball and will hit the 3 when it is passed to him

Always liked ol Fish's professionalism and attention to defense.  OKC looked much more balanced and in sync the year he came off the bench than they do now.    Same with the Knicks when they had a respectable year with 40 year old Kidd.  

The scarcity of true pass first, solid-defending veteran generals in the league is troubling to me.  I really wished Dennis had a Fisher or Andre Miller type mentor to teach him the natural feel of organizing his team on both ends with personal scoring coming  secondary and as a result of having your teammates in sync.    Calderon coming here intrigued me for that fact alone.  His intelligrnce would far outweigh his physical limitations in Bud's system.  I'd be much happier with the Hawks pursuing Conley over Al.

Fisher even got some balls cozying back up to Matt Barnes' ex.  He must be carrying that iron with him now since he's out of NY.

2 hours ago, jmac54 said:

Jeff Teague/Splitter/Korver For Howard and Beverly.

Dennis Can Start and Beverly can be the solid defensive minded backup PG. Who's been to the West Finals Before. Plus Kyle is old and struggling and Splitter is useless.

Then. I trade Horford and Mike Scott or Mack Plus some other incentives to Either Denver for Faried and some players back. Or to the Clippers for Blake and a pick or something.

Then we'd have a lineup of :

Dennis/Beverly

Bazemore/Thabo/Hardaway

Millsap/Thabo/Hardaway

Millsap/Faired Or Blake

Howard/Tavares.

The only really weakness i see here is the SF spot with Paul not being as versatile possibly to play the 3. As he is getting older. Heck we could also trade him too and get a real SF to fill that spot. Then we would be pretty legit. 

However all of these trade scenarios do work. And if ATL management is willing to put a winner together right now then these are the trades that would need to go down. 

We need to address rebounding first and foremost and anyone who thinks things will change with Al and Paul are sadly mistaken. We need to hand the keys over to Dennis now. He's young and has tons of time to grow now.

Those lineups look  horrible...there are no shooters to spread the floor.

I love it when a poster takes time to layout an idea or plan and then it just gets picked apart by people here.  I applaud the effort at the very least of the OP.