• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walter Edy Tavares

Wurider05

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

Wow, I know it's DLeague, but Edy averaging just shy of a double double & 2.5 blocks in 21 minutes?!?! I'd really like to get him some more burn, even if it means missing the playoffs (but getting a better pick), so that he's much more comfortable next year. Plus he'd make these games a lot more interesting to watch even when we are losing.

Hmmm...id love to see more of Edy but I'm not missing the playoffs for anything. Too dang exciting.

7 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

Wow, I know it's DLeague, but Edy averaging just shy of a double double & 2.5 blocks in 21 minutes?!?! I'd really like to get him some more burn, even if it means missing the playoffs (but getting a better pick), so that he's much more comfortable next year. Plus he'd make these games a lot more interesting to watch even when we are losing.

I've accepted the fact that we won't see much of Edy for the rest of this season.

• Premium Member

The reason why Edy is still in the D league is more of him defending without fouling

Since he was also in the d league( even though for a shorter time) I decided to compare Edy's stats with Rudy Gobert. Both are 7'3 defensive minded bigs with 7'9 wingspans. Gobert seems more athletic while Edy seems more agile, but overall they look like very similar players. I'm not saying he will become just like Rudy Gobert, but if he does reach his potential, there is no reason as to why he shouldn't be.

Stats per Game-  Gobert Vs Tavares

gobert.thumb.PNG.fdc19c6578dcbed3cfa4091

For Edy, I included two rows, one for his time with Austin and one overall since he played all but 2 games there.

tav.thumb.PNG.1199541207ea53604601e80c7b

As you can see, they post similar stats with Tavares playing 7 less minutes but getting around 1.3 more fouls than Gobert.  2.2 vs 3.35/3.3

Although that may not seem like much, you can see how  bad it is per 36 min.

Per - 36 min

g2.thumb.PNG.beb6e0ae81e4694abeb8e9d69ca

t2.thumb.PNG.24d2fef1d38f007a1b528d2fe0a

Once you look, you see they post very similar stats if they hypothetically played 36 minutes a night.

But you can also see that Tavares averages nearly 6 personal fouls a game while Gobert averaged 3, and according to Espn he averages the same amount in the nba.

His foul problem may be somewhat like the turnover problem Dennis has right now. 

If he fouls so frequently in the D league he can't be expected to play lots of minutes in the nba as of now, but I do expect to see him play next season.

• Like 1

In his 6 blocks in 13 minutes game with the Warriors minor league team, he's going straight up and his timing is great.

• Like 1

• Moderators

At 33 seconds in that video he's guarding I guess a PF at the 3 point line and the guy can't drive around him.    Either that guy isn't going to make the nba or Edy is quicker laterally than i thought or both.   The dude really is amazing for being that size and never having played any sport before a few years ago.  

• Like 1

If they're not going to play Kirk and Patterson anyway, why not activate Edy and play him some, and make one of those two inactive?  I would like to see him facing the Cavs, Toronto, Miami, Detroit, etc.  He could alter a few of LeBronna's shots, which would be fun to watch (assuming they didn't send Dirty-dova to roll ovah on Edy's legs).