• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's have a little fun with this Warriors game

JTB

8 minutes ago, yungsta said:

When you look at the bench, does he have much of a choice?

Yes, yes he does. Dennis and Scott have been playing very well, then theres Thabo of course. You have to get creative, you  cant let guys miss shots AND turn the ball over all game just because they are likeable people. Hardaway JR jut hit another 3 as I'm typing. By the way the bench is bringing us back....AGAIN.  Does Bud not see this, does nobody on his staff see that there are bench players that deserve to be out there playing more?

Our 5 best players by BOTH real plus minus and win shares are, in order: Millsap, Horford, Dennis, Scott, and Thabo

That's a 5 man lineup right there, Ive mentioned it before. Horford is up and down but you cant deny night in and night that those are the hardest working guys on the floor for us

Edited by RedDawg#8

Great game by the Al Horford and the Hawks bench tonight. Sap played hard but couldn't buy a bucket all night, and Teague put up decent stats but never got the offense going and missed 4 huge free throws before half.

Let the record show that the largely bench unit that got us back into the game to take the lead of Dennis, THJ, Thabo, Scott and Horf had the game at 82-79 Hawks with 9:42 left in the game when Bud first subbed Korver back in.  After that Teague and Sap were rotated back in along with some bench guys here and there.  So, after we gained momentum from 9:42 until 1:22 the Warriors went on an 18-4 run to put the score at 98-86 before Sap went to the foul line and made 1 out of 2.  In that 8 1/2 minute stretch we scored 4 points, Kyle didn't score any. Teague got sloppy with the offense, and Sap did nothing offensively.

We did nothing all game and finally had momentum going in our favor and Coach Bud decided that he needed to bring Mike Bibby, I mean Kyle Korver back in the game.  Scott was a monster getting rebounds and loose balls, Thabo was all over the floor on defense, THJ was attacking and looking for his shot, and the Pick and Roll with Dennnis and Al was a thing of beauty. Dennis was the most effective during our putting pressure on the Ws and making big shots.

Coach Bud, your commitment to your favorites cost us tonight. You should not have broken up that unit unless they themselves started to lose the lead. There is no moral victory in this loss, this team HAS the talent to get it done and it is not being used effectively. That is on coaching

• Like 3

Really unfortunate loss.. They got GS thinking at the end of the 3rd and just beat themselves in the end..

Dennis was on the brink of getting into Curry's head with his pressure defense and I hated the early trapping of him, just for getting an open green on top of the key, where he then dismantled our otherwise good defense.
Korver's sub-in was plain aweful, he hurt the ballmovement with his low self-esteem.. That sequence leading into a Schröder airball was so frustrating to watch. Korver ran a good screen, but ended in a well defended shot, what could be a needed bigtime shoot.. But he hesitated and awkwardly pushed in dennis hands, where his only option was a no riddim shot..
DS was argueing hard and I was feeling him for being upset.

Horford, Thabo, Scott, Timmy and Dennis had the passion to turn this game around. Sap fought hard, but mentioned from someone earlier, he was simply outmatched by green and his outside shot didn't help.
Jeff got outplayed too.. BIGTIME!!!
Playing Dennis just about 5 or 6 minutes in the first half was really frustrating to watch. His only mistake was a turnover from a botched pnr-sequence with moose, where the latter just couldn't grab the ball.. Them 2 fouls where necessary I think from a mental point, I really liked the shove (i think this was, why he was subbed again) because it was showing aggression towards curry even if overmotivated. There was energy.

Timmy too, played a good game. He didn't shy away from a shot like KK did and on defense he was locked in and motivated.
Scott was rebounding. Nuff said.
And Al was deadly in the pnr and offered great hustle. It was nice to see him showing emotion, him and Dennis were constantly talking. Their mimics and body language were screaming: "We won't go out like that."

In the end really frustrating to watch from a hawks-standpoint. They got the warriors.. This could have been an upset.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, quero said:

And Al was deadly in the pnr and offered great hustle. It was nice to see him showing emotion, him and Dennis were constantly talking. Their mimics and body language were screaming: "We won't go out like that."

This was something I recognized too

• Like 1