• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Oh Really Hawks?

Jody23

14 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Brett Brown and Teague's dad were college roommates...

They offered Okafor from the grapevine and Atlanta turned it down. They were the only team who had a worthwhile offer. 

No one really offered shit for Dennis. Young developing PG's needs a lot of veterans. Which Milwaukee, Philly and Orlando lacked. Even this deal ain't that impressive.

This BS is called a "nearly made monster trade". Monster trade? Crap + late 1st for Dennis? I'd say only trades with at least one top 10 player or the cookie monster should be called monster trade...

BTW a max for Dennis would start at 27M in 2017 (projected 108M salary cap)!?

Edited by rd79

2 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

THIS was a boatload?? I wouldn't give Dennis up for any 2016 pick that's not at least top 3. Any combination of crap they wanted to throw into it doesn't even remotely interest me either. No way they would get Teague for this nonsense either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly don't think it's true. All of the Dennis like offers I have heard have been much worse than this. Like mediocre players at best for Dennis.

1 hour ago, Jody23 said:

Did you read the part about them revisiting trade talks during the draft?

I did and that makes sense since at the draft they'd know exactly what # pick or player would be available for them to pick from.

LAL is so bad they will more than likely keep their pick, so if that happens, the Hawks get nothing in 2016. Heat and OKC picks would be late round picks. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I did and that makes sense since at the draft they'd know exactly what # pick or player would be available for them to pick from.

LAL is so bad they will more than likely keep their pick, so if that happens, the Hawks get nothing in 2016. Heat and OKC picks would be late round picks. 

I can agree with that.  But, to me it would have to be that Laker's pick and even then there would have to be somebody there worth taking at pick 4 or worse.

1 minute ago, Jody23 said:

I can agree with that.  But, to me it would have to be that Laker's pick and even then there would have to be somebody there worth taking.

That's why I think it's garbage. Philly may have offered but Hawks said 'Hell No'.

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

Wow. Sixers were gonna give a TRUCKLOAD for Dennis. Just WOW!!!

If you think that's a truckload then you really devalue and don't think much of the Hawks players.

2 hours ago, DS17Fanboy said:

I knew I was on to something with Philly on my Rick'Roll Troll last december.

Ah, thanks for reminding me I hate you.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If you think that's a truckload then you really devalue and don't think much of the Hawks players.

I take door #3, he's got an agenda.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

So they offered us garbage for Dennis? Man, these teams have balls coming to us with this crap. Dennis is our future, you can love it or hate it.

This isn't a real rumor.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

So they offered us garbage for Dennis? Man, these teams have balls coming to us with this crap. Dennis is our future, you can love it or hate it.

Can't be mad at teams that offer less than market value for your players but you can be mad @ your team for even considering the offer and plans to revisit it in the off season? :blink:

I don't normally get religious on the Squawk but THANK GOD Budcox didn't do this! If any point guard should get traded its Teague. He's had his opportunities here and we know what he is about. This is Dennis team soon if not right now and he's not afraid to lead.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Can't be mad at teams that offer less than market value for your players but you can be mad @ your team for even considering the offer and plans to revisit it in the off season? :blink:

I think the word "revisit" here has a better synonym of "f*** off". Lol

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

I think the word "revisit" here has a better synonym of "f*** off". Lol

Not really... Otherwise the Management would not have been deciding whether to make the trade or not...The answer would have been an immediate no if there wasn't any interest.

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Not really... Otherwise the Management would not have been deciding whether to make the trade or not...The answer would have been an immediate no if there wasn't any interest.

Why do you take anything in that article as fact?

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't believe this rumor is even true. The chances of this happening in the offseason are about 0.1%.