• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Paul Millsaps Shoulder

Trout7

I am a pretty big fan of Paul . I have noticed ever since his shoulder injury last year that his shooting touch is just not what it was before the injury, sometimes by a longshot and he even has trouble making easy shots in the paint sometimes.  Does anyone think this is somehow an effect from that injury?

He was fine to start the season, and pretty much carried us the 1st part of the season. He was our only consistent player. Since that ankle injury he hasn't looked the same  and now he's been wearing knee braces. Something seems off with him.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He was fine to start the season, and pretty much carried us the 1st part of the season. He was our only consistent player. Since that ankle injury he hasn't looked the same  and now he's been wearing knee braces. Something seems off with him.

He was putting up good numbers overall but he has been unable to hit outside shots ALL year this year, and starting with his injury last season, so the observation is definitely a valid one. However, I doubt it's his injury though, and I'd chalk it up to variance instead. Paul was never a pure shooter and  It's very possible that the type of shooting Paul showed his first couple of seasons here is his peak form and he is merely regressing towards his personal mean this year. 

FREE THROWS:

I've noticed, as of late he usually hits one and misses one. 

Seems that, if he could make one, he could make both.

Someone check his eyes.  Hard to hit a shot you can't see well.

Too much pressure from being "The Man" for the entire season?

He did miss the winning shot recently, didn't he.  Then, Hawks lost.

25 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Looks fatigued to me. Unfortunately no time for rest.

Yeah sucks. If they hadn't played down to competition so much, they may have had opportunities for rest like CLE, GS, SA, TOR does. 

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Looks fatigued to me. Unfortunately no time for rest.

Yep, and he was playing a lot of center after Splitter went down.

Hopefully having Hump will help.