• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Refs

Trout7

I love to watch every Hawks game i can, but i honestly have to take a break and skip a few games every now and then to keep my sanity because of the stress these pathetic NBA refs cause me.  I don't know why but they are truly bias against the Hawks on foul calls compared to the teams we play.  No one could convince me this is not true.  I don't know of any profession where someone sucks at their job at the level they do. LOL

I think yours is a widely held view. Refs stole that Warriors game from the Hawks. It's a fairly regular occurrence...

• Like 2

• Moderators

I agree.   It's hard to watch at times.   5 missed calls with the game on the line should be embarrassing but the league and refs don't really care.   Honestly I think this is why we play the way we do.   Without a star player our best chance of coming out on top is to win big.   Just keeping the game close and depending on a couple plays at the end to win the game is risky because of our lack of a scorer plus the refs working against us.

I will say early in the season the refs were horrible but not just against us.  Sometimes it worked in our favor.  It was puzzling.   Now it's returned to just the normal screw job against the top teams.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The biased reffing is the worst aspect of the NBA.  It gets WWF level at times in the way that stars and star teams get favored.  Still a great game but this is a long standing issue.

I've just never understood why the league accepts that doing the same thing results in different calls for different players.  Move that pivot foot in the post?  Ok for Ewing but not for you scrubs.  Taking two extra steps?  Welcome to Lebron-ville, scrubs not welcome.   A guy looks at you funny?  Foul on anyone guarding Harden but don't even talk to me Sap, I don't want to hear it.

It is why the ref scandal was so bad a few years ago (people already questioned the legitimacy of the reffing).  The integrity of the reffing has been a major issue for the league for years but they are ok with that.  Not sure why.

The nadir for me was that LA/Sac WCF game.  Just shameful.

• Like 4