• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A Look at the Hawks Offseason

ramblinhawk2727

1 hour ago, ramblinhawk2727 said:

Didn't do much to impress me this year 

I was hoping he would have been the guy to take Korver's starting spot away, not Bazemore. I watched him in NY, all I saw in him was he could be a good 6th man. Didn't think he was worth passing on Oubre for but hopefully just like most of the Hawks, a second year in the system may do wonders for him.

vor 9 Stunden, thescout5 sagte:

I think your possibly on to something Lurker both Dennis and Teague might not be the right answer. You can rack up stats in Bud's system but that doesn't make you an elite point guard who makes the right decision at the right time. The Hawks need to have a point guard who can do this. Dennis seems to have tunnel vision and not include other players when playing. He goes straight for the hoop trying to score. Sure you want to be aggressive but don't forget your main job is to set up other players. Teague seems to rack up nice stats but again when it comes to making the right play during clutch time he as failed more times than not. I'm for whoever brings the most back in a deal. One needs to play full time the other traded because both should  be starters.

1. Dennis ha sone of the highest AST% in the whole league.

2. Bud wants him to score because there is no scoring on the bench except Mike Scott (when he has it going), since Bazemore had to start this season

I am all for discussing things, but please back it up with something.

Watching the Cleveland series mostly I don't think Dennis makes other players better just my opinion regardless of the Ast% percentage during the season. He's to out of control and does he make other players better? 

Edited by thescout5
correcting info

• Premium Member
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 6:18 PM, Spud2Nique said:

Actually if you asked me a few days ago I would have said no. But if we are guaranteed to get Brown, I would swap Dennis for Brown. It's gonna be higher than 6th though, I think 3-5. Most likely at #4. If Philly gets the 4th pick I'd trade them Dennis straight up for the 4th pick. But that doesn't mean I want Teague back though, I'd look to swap Teague for a vet point that can get Sap and Horford involved more in the offense. Not sure if that could be Conley from the Grizz or not, but somebody like him. 

I love Dennis but I'm extremely high on Jaylen Brown.

I wouldn't swap Teague for a vet point, because I don't think a team in the league goes for that.  However, I would pick up one of these vet points who maybe can be the second half of a duo.  Maybe somebody like Raymond Felton, D. J. Augustin,  or Norris Cole.  The League is not going to give these guys a big payday but I think they can come in and BU Teague and maybe can be the new aggressive PG we seek.

For many years, we, the Hawk's fans, looked for and cried for, a point guard and a center.

Now, Atlanta has this great, all star center that's not a center and two fine, exceptional point guards.

Last off season, we watched as DMC moved on for big $$$ we couldn't afford to pay.  I expect the same

thing this off season with Blazemore.  Someone will offer him really big $$$ and he will be gone.

With all our complaining, and we all do it, Atlanta still has a record for making the playoffs that

many teams are envious of.  They see our players and are willing to spend to get them when they

are free agents.  Beware of this.

• Like 1