• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trading Dion

ATLien_

You know the more I think about it the more I am against it. Why should we trade Dion? We know he can score and we need a 3rd scorer.We likely won't get anyone with as much potential as Dion if we trade him. I think our future lineup should be

JT/DD

Dion/IRA

DJ/Kukoc

Sar/Hendu

Theo/Nazar

I agree with what Hotlanta said. Lets keep Dion. If we can get him to play hard all the time then that team is excellent. We know Dion can play defense when motivated to do so, so motivate him.

I think this is what Pete's vision was for the future, and I believe he may be giving up on it to fast. This team would be exciting and explosive, with good role players.

I definitely agree. This summer league Dion is under a microscope by the management and also by other team managers with interests. Babs has always invisioned, JT at the 1, Dion at the 2 and DJ at the 3. DJ has put 15 extra pds to his body and he can add some more before the season start. He is a true small forward, that can shoot, pass, drive and defend. Dion is a true shooting guard that can do all those as well. If we give these 2 the confidence and start them when the season open, I honestly think they will pan out well. So far both of them had a pretty damn good first game, and the more I think about the lineup the more I like it.

JT-pg

Dion-sg

DJ-sf

Reef-pf

Theo-c

Thats a pretty damn good lineup, everyone can score adn can defend and I think if Kruger shows Dion that he has confidence in him, then I think Dion will prove him right and step up.

how much we need to trade him for someone who is a proven young healthy veteran type player with an upside. That guy is Miller. I like Dion and he has a tremendous upside offensively, but he doesnt play defense worth a damn and he is on a one injury after another type of streak. I wish him the best of luck no matter where he goes, but if he can get us a dominant scorer from outside like Miller, a guy who plays with a passion on both ends of the court (even though he is too slow to man up on D with anyone decent), then there is no way we can say no. Dion could go down with his next injury tomorrow and that would likely be the end of his career with us anyways so we should get something for him now.

While he can score at best he will only ever be average in other departments, esp D. I think he really needs a change of senery if he is to ever have a chance to bloom. Also his game really doesnt fit with the teams needs. He cant hit the outside shot and mostly scores by playing 12' in which hurts SAR and Theo. Plus we really dont have a place for him b/c DJ is a SG due to the number of mismatchs it creates. I'm willing to bet that Babs brings in a SF. With Ira primarly backing up the SG/SF position There arent many minutes left for Dion and he will prob start to sulk like he did last year.

Most definitely, right now we are very thin at the shooting guards & small forwards position positions. In reality if we do make that tarde that is rumored getting B. Russell, we get a guy with playoff experience, but already going down on his career and we give a guy like Dion that is filled with potential. He just have been unfortunate with the injuries. Most probably the Hawks management are tired of looking at the future and they want to concentrate on the present and excel NOW, and maybe thats why they want an experience 3 or 2. They did guarantee playoffs and they figure with an experienced 2 or 3 we have a better chance than with say a guy like Dion, but of course IMO I like Dion's game much better than a guy like Russell.

You know I can remember when Dion was considered a solid defensive player. It wasn't until this year that he got into the defensive dog house.

Honestly there is no reason why Dion shouldn't be a great defensive player. He is big and strong and explosive. He has all the physical attributes to be a good defensive player so that tells me its in his mind. Someone has to motivate Dion and make him hungry.

He is hungry to score, so teach him to be hungry to defend.

No arguements here from me ATLien thats for sure. Dion proved to me last year with the way he shot it from downtown after not being a good 3pt shooter for so long that he can accomplish whatever he sets his mind to. I am hoping that if we keep him he decides that he wants to play defense this year. If he decided to play defense we would have ourselves a very very good starting 5 right now without and tweaking, but we are also depending on him to stay healthy. He just seems to be one of those unlucky guys.

By the way, those are your Angels? Very nice!! So thats you in that picture also?

No its not me in the picture, I got it off the Falcons site. Thats their cheerleaders in the bahamas. I am thinking about cutting him out and adding me in with photoshop. LOL But then I would have to load it to the website I don't have. just to get it on here.

I wish Dion could stay healthy also. I really can't argue with you on the health issue. At least none of them have been major injuries since he joined the NBA. They need to send him to Theo's doctor so he can make him better than ever. LOL

You know the coach that could probably get the most out of Dion? Larry Brown. Dion is definitley one of those players that needs a strong coaching presence like Brown or Riley. I know Dion wants to be great, but I think he believes he has already arrived at times.