Teague trade.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Indiana Pacers get Jeff Teague (Point Guard). Atlanta Hawks get George Hill (Point Guard), Solomon Hill (Small Forward), 2016 1st Round Pick (20th Overall), 2019 2nd Round Pick (Lakers).

You've been around her long enough to know what forum this thread goes in.   This isn't even an interesting enough of a trade idea to even bother trying to slip it in under  Homecourt.

What's that  noise?  I think I hear @NBASupes coming....wonder what he's going to say.

• Like 2

Atlanta already declined Indiana offers. This is just like the others. Atlanta wanted Turner, Indy said no. No deal.

Atlanta wants a young very talented player for Jeff. Nothing in this deal gives Atlanta that. It's a great deal for Indiana and you know this belongs in the trade board as well. 

@AHF

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

Atlanta already declined Indiana offers. This is just like the others. Atlanta wanted Turner, Indy said no. No deal.

Atlanta wants a young very talented player for Jeff. Nothing in this deal gives Atlanta that. It's a great deal for Indiana and you know this belongs in the trade board as well. 

@AHF

When I read the deal, at first, I didn't like it at all.   However, if we're getting rid of Teague... this deal gives us BUs at the PG and SF and a pick.    Maybe we can use that to jump up in the draft to get something meaningful.

• Premium Member

To be clear,

I believe that this trade rumor is driven by the fact that Teague didn't play at the end of game 4 and that he's from Indy.  

However, it's no doubt that Indy could use a good Guard.   But the combination of Teague and Ellis won't work.   Too short.  Indy should focus their powers on getting Livingston.

The other part of this rumor is the George Hill - Bud connection.    I don't even see Hill because he's not really a PG.   Part of the reason I hate the deal in the first place.   However, if we're going to move Teague... to where... Let's put out the obvious.

1.  Brooklyn because that's where Atkinson is.

2.  Utah because that's where Snyder is.

3.  Milwaukee because they sought him before.

4.   Indy.  He has hometown ties.

These are the obvious that we will see from "unnamed sources".   So until July.. we will have to hear about these "trade rumors".

2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

When I read the deal, at first, I didn't like it at all.   However, if we're getting rid of Teague... this deal gives us BUs at the PG and SF and a pick.    Maybe we can use that to jump up in the draft to get something meaningful.

There is nothing useful at 20th in this draft.

Hill is in the same league with Covington. Those are guys just a tier below Thabo and clearly not worth their seat in this.

George Hill is a decent starting PG. That's not bad but trading a very good one for that is terrible value. Unquestionably terrible. This is all around bad Diesel. Even by your standards but then again, this is your standards.

3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

To be clear,

I believe that this trade rumor is driven by the fact that Teague didn't play at the end of game 4 and that he's from Indy.  

However, it's no doubt that Indy could use a good Guard.   But the combination of Teague and Ellis won't work.   Too short.  Indy should focus their powers on getting Livingston.

I am sure they can. We could use Paul George for Millsap too but it don't make much sense for them.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is nothing useful at 20th in this draft.

Hill is in the same league with Covington. Those are guys just a tier below Thabo and clearly not worth their seat in this.

George Hill is a decent starting PG. That's not bad but trading a very good one for that is terrible value. Unquestionably terrible. This is all around bad Diesel. Even by your standards but then again, this is your standards.

This is my standard?  I think not.

I told you before... I would package Teague and others for Hayward.  I might be one of the only people on this board to not undervalue Teague.   I see him as an Allstar who is worthy to be treated as an allstar.  Clearly the best PG we have on our team.  However, if we must trade him, let's find a good trade for him.   I was just pointing out what is coming.

I'll say it ...

.5 star thread

Dude starts 55 random a$$ threads a day and almost all don't make sense to me and are in the wrong forum. 

16 hours ago, Diesel said:

You want value for Teague, not fish heads and rice.