• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Philly and Portland?

h4wkfan

What do you all think a Teague/Korver/Moose package could get us from Philly? I don't think it would be unreasonable to think they could net us Okafor/Covington/24/26.  Philly does this to get a PG and add shooting to a team that desparately needs it. And they are young enough, they really don't need 2 more end of the 1st round type players.  These 3 will bring a winning mentality to a young team showing them the ropes while improving areas of need.

On to Portland... send them Splitter/Sef/24/26/throw in minnesotas future pick if needed for A Aminu? Portland brings in some veteran leadership and adds 2 first round draft picks to help the rebuild (I realize they made the playoffs, but I don't see that as sustainable). For the Hawks, we get a true, young sf who plays good defense and has an improving shot and he is on a reasonable contract for 3 more years. Also a lot cap room to resign Baze and Horford. 

Our Hawks then look like:

Shro / ???

Baze / THJR

Aminu / Covington

Sap / Hump

Horford / Okafor / Tavares

Add the 21st pick to that team to boot....

Yeah I got a little excited and may have over valued our guys just a little, er -lotta, bit. Taking my 2k hat off, I'd still do the trade if you took Okafor /Korver out of it and we could still flip the picks and others for a guy like aminu. 

Teague/Moose for Covington and 2 late 1sts seems more reasonable seeing as they will have an excess of 3s after they draft ingram/Simmons.

Hell I'd switch Teague for shro if it would still give us the room to resign Horford and baze. 

Atlanta is not going to trade Kyle.

Even if they did, Philly trades Covington and two 1st. Not sure the value is there for a guaranteed rental. He's not like Teague who has a personal relationship with Brown and is entering his prime. Kyle is at the winning stage, not the I need to get paid stage. Even so, this is extreme for Philly. Two 1sts and Covington for Kyle is basically what it is since Jahlil and Jeff cancel out each other.

As for the Aminu trade. Talk about a no from Portland, they need players, not more picks. This is a clear no especially since the SF market isn't all that anyway. 

I like the idea but you know Kyle is on that not getting moved list. He was 3rd in the +/- in the East this year

5 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Yeah I got a little excited and may have over valued our guys just a little, er -lotta, bit. Taking my 2k hat off, I'd still do the trade if you took Okafor /Korver out of it and we could still flip the picks and others for a guy like aminu. 

Teague/Moose for Covington and 2 late 1sts seems more reasonable seeing as they will have an excess of 3s after they draft ingram/Simmons.

Hell I'd switch Teague for shro if it would still give us the room to resign Horford and baze. 

Now this is awful value for Atlanta. Covington while not a bad player is worse than Bazemore. So you are saying trade Moose who is as good as Robert for a top 10 PG in the NBA. This is horrible value for Atlanta.  Switch this to the 21st pick and it's still a no much less Jeff or Dennis. 

Edited by NBASupes