• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard shines

KB21

KB,

He was playing against High School kids.

Outside of that, he will develop into a center if he were taken by this team.

You don't trade away Shareef, a young top 5 PF, for a unproven kid. Howard MAY develop into Shareef. He MAY be better. He MAY be worse.

Personally, I think Howard will do fine in the pros, but SHOULD go to college for a year or two. Look at Duncan.

Play.

LeBron James also played against high school kids. Now, I'm not comparing the two, but the tournament Howard did this in features some of the top high school teams in the nation.

I don't see Howard as a center. He's only 6-9 to 6-10 right now, and I doubt you see him shoot up to become a 7 footer in the future. He's going to be an Amare Stoudamire type of player.

KB21,

He is listed as 6'10" and that leaves him a grand two inches to grow from age 18 to about age 22. It is entirely plausable.

I know I sprouted about 4 inches in that span.

Even if he doesn't grow... he's just as tall as Theo and a lot of the centers in this league. If he is going to play PF, then he should play on another team. You don't draft a player in the hopes that he will beat out an all-star who is only 9 years older.

Play.

Dwight Howard=Rasheed Wallace.

Play, your consisant defending of JT/SAR is sickening. If

these guys where that good the Hawks wouldn't be on

pace for a 20 win season. NO if and's or buts. These guys

never improve their games and they take loosing in stride.

Even the other teammaters KNOW IT and have said it.

20 wins is what a Denver Nuggets team from a year ago

or the 98-2002 Bulls get.

If Reef is to be kept it;s at a lower salary when he's a

FA....And Theo and JT must see the door. And I'd take

lotto picks over Reef because they are cheaper and have

more potential.

High paid contracts and losing aren't a good combo. I'd

be fine with keeping Reef if the team can ship Hendu and

Theo off on someone. And yes I'd take Sheed for them.

Hendu is a waste of cap space. He's not even a useful

player. He's like a Jason Caffey/Matt Gieger or someone

like that....Guys that eat up cap space and don't produce.

4PPG 4RPG is not production. There are CBA'ers that can

do what Hendu does. Even Leon Smith could produce 4/4.

If we could trade Hendu/Theo for Sheed and trade JT

and something for a real SG we'd be set to go.

Diaw

Sheed

Reef

Nazr

I'd trade JT for Cuttino Mobley.

Ha!

You sprouted 4 inches from 18-22.

I sprouted 40 lbs from 18-22. From 18-24, I sprouted right at 60 lbs.

I went out instead of up.

Back on topic, if we have the #1 pick and he's the highest rated player on the board, we take him. His best position as a pro is going to be at power forward, and we have to take into consideration that Reef will be free after the 2005 season and may choose not to resign with the Hawks.

Hots,

I don't defend JT. I hate JT. I just point out when I think you are off-base.

For instance, I don't like JT, but I am not going to say they kid can't shoot. I will say he can't pass or play PG and creates problematic mismatches for us when he plays SG.

As for Shareef, how could you not defend the guy. Night in and night out he produces. Rebounds, points, a good percentage and has played pretty decent defensively this year. (please don't go find ONE or TWO games where the man Reef was "gaurding" scored big numbers, that happens to everyone) These things are true.

Reef has NO control over Jackson, Glover and Terry jacking dumb shots and losing control of our offense. He can't play good enough defense to make up for those guys' lapses.

Those are the facts.

Play.

KB,

That is MJ thinking. This guy Howard is NOT MJ.

People stopped drafting need and starting drafting by talent a while back and it doesn't really work.

You aren't going to get much more production out of the PF spot then having Reef. Especially out of a high schooler. It will take him a couple years to adapt, I would hope and think.

What we need is a point guard. We need a true center.

That is what we should look to draft. We should assume we have the PF spot and the SG spot wrapped up with Reef and Diaw. Diaw has some maturing, but he is loads better than Glover or Jackson.

I love Ratliff, but he wants out. I don't blame him. So, we probably need a center. Terry is butt-awful at PG, so we get a real one.

Play.

I'm sure Billy Knight or whoever we have at GM will take whoever they think is the best player available with our early draft pick. PF is the only position where we are solid but you figure most players take a few years or more to develop and who knows who'll we'll have where by then. I doubt we'll trade the pick either although I still think the trade we did to get Reef was very smart for us at the time. The big problem we still may run into is suddenly starting to win or a bad lottery drawing.

When his team was playing in the Final Four at the Macon Coliseum last year. They came up and sat by us while waiting to take the court for warm ups. My wife ask him how tall was he? He answered 6'11". He started his 9th grade year at 6'1" and was a guard, that's why he handles well. When his 9th grade year was over. He was 6'9".