• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Was listening to the radio this morning.

Diesel

• Premium Member

They started talking about the dilema of KD.  KD is the prize of this offseason.  It is common sense that KD wants to keep his money in tact so one year with OKC and a chance to win the West could be what's best for him.   BUT...
  The word got out... KD doesn't want to go through this process of free agency for another year.  He wants a long term situation.   Moreover, there is a rumor that Westbrook has already told KD that he's out when his contract is up.
  That leads to the rumor that KD is heading to GS.   However, if he goes to GS, he will lose money.  I know he said it's a basketball decision.   How about this though...

What if we get involved and offer OKC the world for KD?  IF they stand to lose him anyway, why wouldn't they start the rebuild now?  In a SNT, KD keeps his big payday.

The question is what can we give...   1st round draft picks without a doubt.   I would start off with 2.

After that though...

Millsap?  - He's going to opt out at the end of the year... however, he's our strength on Defense.

Teague.  His contract is up at the end of the year... Does he remain in OKC past the fallout?

Dennis.  He has incredible value.  However, like Teague... It's hard to see him or Teague being that with Westbrook.. but he could be there after westbrook because he's under contract.

Horf.  We haven't signed Horf.  I can't imagine a double SNT working.  BUT... I think He'd love the coach and the coach would love to have him. 

Great would be:  Horford, Sap, Durant, A SG, and A PG.

How do we get there?

Sigh. There's no combination of Hawks assets that will be the best package out there from a combination of KD's (him wanting to sign on with what's left) and OKC's (them getting "value" back) perspectives.  It's literally not even worth discussion.

I've never one-star threaded you but I'm thisclose.

If we offered "the world" for Durant, we would be stripped of our identity and nucleus. Why would Durant want to come here then? Durant wants a better opportunity, not the other way around. 

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Diesel said:

What if we get involved and offer OKC the world for KD?  IF they stand to lose him anyway, why wouldn't they start the rebuild now?  In a SNT, KD keeps his big payday.

We've talked about this before, D.

KD gets the same deal in a sign and trade that he does as a FA signing.  The only scenario where he gets more money than that is where he resigns with OKC.  There is no financial advantage for KD to doing a SNT over a max FA signing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, AHF said:

We've talked about this before, D.

KD gets the same deal in a sign and trade that he does as a FA signing.  The only scenario where he gets more money than that is where he resigns with OKC.  There is no financial advantage for KD to doing a SNT over a max FA signing.

KD is one year away from becoming a Supermax player.  In a SNT, he signs that contract let's say a 2 year deal that he can opt out of after the first year and the next year, he can sign for the supermax....  IF he signs with another team, he loses his Bird status.