The picks Hawks should have made (bookmark this)

I understand why we drafted Prince and Bembry because they fit our system. But name 5 players that you think we should have drafted that we might regret.

For me it's:

1. Denzel Valentine

2. Dejounte Murray

3. Tyler Ulis

4. Isaiah Whitehead

5. Kay Felder

Hope I'm wrong :-)

Just want to make a comment about how I think some of us already feel about #5. Felder would have had time to develop as our third point guard and become an offensive spark off the bench down the road. If it doesn't work out moving forward no real harm done to the roster.

Valentine and Murray are the only two that do anything for me as far as our two 1st round picks go. I like what we got but that is not saying Valentine is not a solid pick. Murray to the Spurs at 29, even if he is "only" an eventual  6th man, could be the late 1st round steal of the draft.

Ulis in the 2nd round is a solid. He will be a career back up with scoring punch every time he enters the game. I would not have spent 12 or 21 on him by any stretch.

• 10 months later...
53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

@Spud2Nique

Thoughts now?

I actually still like all 5 guys that I named. I love Prince but I still think at least 3 of those guys on the list become pretty good players. 

• Admin
6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I actually still like all 5 guys that I named. I love Prince but I still think at least 3 of those guys on the list become pretty good players. 

I think Ulis can become a good point guard ... especially with the PHX system and his excellent court vision/defense ... I think they need to trade Bledsoe for a center or small forward and give the reins to Ty.