• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bud & Staff player development program

JTB

23 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I don't think Bud and Staff has gotten any shortage of credit here in terms of player development.  He did win COTY with one of the lowest league payrolls.  I'd never heard of Junk before he got here.  He became the glue of a 60 win team in 2 seasons and drug them through a sluggish first round series versus Brooklyn all because Bud believed and heavily invested in him. 

Its just like you're implying he's above criticism.  I love the guy but he damn sure is not.

Bud needs only one player with All-Star talent and no glaring holes or physical disadvantages.  A guy who should win his matchup 90% of the time off talent and effort.  Sap's and Jeff's probability to win their matchup nightly was around 70-75% just off my dumb guesstimation.  High, but not high enough.  I still don't know what position Al played this year so his matchups changed night to night.

He's turned marginal 3s into good to very good starters.  A good player into arguably the most versatile 4 going.  With fortunate team health a player like Jimmy Butler could lead the Hawks back to the 60 win plateau as a Top 5 MVP candidate and a much tougher later postseason out if Bud got hold of him.

Matchup wins from an NBA efficiency standpoint last season:  

( to be considered for a matchup vs your opponent position counterpart for that game, you and the counterpart must play at least 25 minutes in a game.  And you can tie/draw an efficiency matchup. )

( will show W-L-D records in regular season .... playoffs  )

Millsap:  42-20-14 .... 4-5-1

Horford:  24-33-18 .... 1-3-4

Bazemore:  24-25-5 .... 3-5-1

Korver: 25-33-11 .... 4-3-1

Schröder: 4-8-2 .... 1-0-0

( Teague: 29-29-2 .... 3-2-0 )

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If Bud is so great @ developing players then why do we need to resign Bazemore when we already have THjr and 2 new rookie wings with more talent than both DMC and Bazemore?

Do you have proof these guys are better? or just your opinion? Also Bud isn't done developing any of the players you mentioned except DMC since he isn't on the team anymore

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Do you have proof these guys are better? or just your opinion? Also Bud isn't done developing any of the players you mentioned except DMC since he isn't on the team anymore

Bazemore was undrafted right?   DMC could not shoot @ 21 right?

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Experience matters. In a vacuum, if the choice to start the season is between Baze and THjr/Prince/Bembry, I'll  take Baze.

Y'all act like Bazemore's per was >>>> THjr last year.

Can't see the team winning with a SG / SF duo of Korver / Baze or Baze / Thabo. The best teams in the league all have at least one stud at that position. And eventually they have to realize keeping the status quo isn't getting us anywhere.

45 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all act like Bazemore's per was >>>> THjr last year.

Putting the numbers up just for comparison. Baze was 13.42 which is average or just a tad better. THJ was 11.71 but I understand it was his first year in this system and think he will be much better this upcoming season. Shooting percentages were closer than I thought they were so I'm thinking thats some proof of THJ acclimating to Bud's scheme and strong coaching. Defense is really hard to judge after THJ's improvement late in the year because Baze almost always plays out of position. Still THJ has quite the road defensively ahead of him. Both are SGs but Baze is slotted in as a SF for us which he truly is not. If Baze played strictly at SG I think his defense would be a great deal better than THJ right now. Believe both will make a positive difference for us this upcoming season if they are both here.  

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Putting the numbers up just for comparison. Baze was 13.42 which is average or just a tad better. THJ was 11.71 but I understand it was his first year in this system and think he will be much better this upcoming season. Shooting percentages were closer than I thought they were so I'm thinking thats some proof of THJ acclimating to Bud's scheme and strong coaching. Defense is really hard to judge after THJ's improvement late in the year because Baze almost always plays out of position. Still THJ has quite the road defensively ahead of him. Both are SGs but Baze is slotted in as a SF for us which he truly is not. If Baze played strictly at SG I think his defense would be a great deal better than THJ right now. Believe both will make a positive difference for us this upcoming season if they are both here.  

Bazemore is 3 years older than Thjr...What  did Bazemore look like 3 years ago?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

So don't you think that THjr has a higher ceiling than Bazemore?

I believe THJ can get to the rim under control and draw fouls better than Baze. If his shooting and especially his defense continues to improve I feel he is a starter for us pretty soon or at least get twenty five minutes and make them count, Don't know if his overall gameplay ceiling is higher but I want him a Hawk. We saw a handful of games where he showed what he's got late. It would be interesting if those two guys covered all the SG minutes and none of the SF minutes. A real lineup shift there.

• Premium Member
47 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I believe THJ can get to the rim under control and draw fouls better than Baze. If his shooting and especially his defense continues to improve I feel he is a starter for us pretty soon or at least get twenty five minutes and make them count, Don't know if his overall gameplay ceiling is higher but I want him a Hawk. We saw a handful of games where he showed what he's got late. It would be interesting if those two guys covered all the SG minutes and none of the SF minutes. A real lineup shift there.

Doesn't Korver play Shooting guard and what about Bembry?

7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Doesn't Korver play Shooting guard and what about Bembry?

Yeah, Bud makes sure he starts there. My hope is that in the very near future Prince could cover good minutes at SF where we have Thabo as well. I want THJ to be able to cover most of the SG minutes at some point this year if Baze is not signed. If Baze is signed it would be nice when Prince is ready that Baze starts at his natural position. Understanding that requires continued improvement of our young swings. Bembry seems like a swing who could be used at both positions eventually.