• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Leave Dwight Howard alone! The Hawks got a steal

RandomFan

1 minute ago, hazer said:

If Hawks shooting gurus can turn DMC into a 40% 3-pt shooter, they can damn sure coach up D12 to 70% on his FTs. Hack-a-Dwight won't be so bad when he's hitting 7 outta 10.

a50aec6b8ae3e81a4c2894f951fb1724cab53ee9

I know Korver has worked a lot with the shooting of swing players but has he ever worked with bigs?

11 minutes ago, hazer said:

If Hawks shooting gurus can turn DMC into 40% from deep, they can damn sure coach up D12 to 70% on his FTs. Hack-a-Dwight won't be so bad when he's hitting 7 outta 10.

a50aec6b8ae3e81a4c2894f951fb1724cab53ee9

I know we have a good player development team, but fixing Dwight's freethrows will take a miracle, they aren't miracle workers.

I think with D12 it's more mental. How do you fix that?

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I know Korver has worked a lot with the shooting of swing players but has he ever worked with bigs?

No time like the present :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know we have a good player development team, but fixing Dwight's freethrows will take a miracle, they aren't miracle workers.

I think with D12 it's more mental. How do you fix that?

You fix it by simply trying. A big reason D12 came to ATL was our "team concept" and comradery, especially after Kobe and The Beard. That environment, plus a little attention, may be all it takes. I ain't talking miracles, just 1 more make per 10 FTs :aikido:

I think "the highlight factory" was missing for a few years and now it's back with Dennis to Dwight lob jams. With Horbag, we should have been named "the soft outside shooting don't wanna rip another pec factory."

DAMNIT, I COULDA DONE BETTER THAN THAT AT THE LAST PART...:-/

Horford has been playing like a SG since he second pectoral tear.  Atleast Dwight will mix it up in the paint.  Horford leaving only stings because he was going to be placed in his best fit as a stretch 4.  Anyone who cannot see the need for Howard after being dismantled on the boards by Clevland in the playoffs the last two years is in denial.

• Like 2