• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bring Back Diaw?

BigDog90

4 hours ago, Spursfanpeacemaker said:

Diaw is High IQ player, big reason why Spurs was really succesful these last few years and helped the spurs win nba championship

It would be huge plus , if hawks get Diaw

I wish Hawks would have gotten Diaw over Splitter last season. He would have fit much better with facing the Cavs seeing how they had stretch bigs (Frye, Love) this year.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Remember the Nets are also a Spur-friendly front office now too.

Have them toss in Boban somehow.  Dey owe us.

Yeah, Diaw would be good on the Nets too. 

3 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

I read that Diaw has a list of 5 teams he would like to be traded too.  The Spurs are trying to accommodate him.  I doubt the Hawks are on his short list.  No name players want to come here.

It sucks Spurs guaranteed his contract. Dude could have signed anywhere. I'm sure he probably would have loved to sign to GS vet min to backup Draymond.

Hmm...a list of 5 - GS (ring chasing), CLE (ring chasing), TOR (European style city), MIA (older guys seem to love playing in MIA)  and...NY (play with fellow Frenchman Noah)?

• Premium Member

So, let's play with this.

Before I was saying we need to send out $10.5-ish and take back $15.75-ish, giving them the $5.25 of room they need to sign Gasol, and concurrently putting us over the cap so we can gain the $5.6m MLE.... and in it all, arguably improve both teams. And that's true, except... if Scott is part of the deal, then SA can just not pick up his contract, and that's that much less you have to take back, in order for them to meet their goal. Of course, on our side of the calculation, we're wanting to end up with enough in return that it vaults us over the cap, and can claim the MLE--so, in that way, there's a balancing act that takes some playing with the numbers to make both sides' spreadsheet happy.

Here's what works most efficiently numbers-wise, in concert with what seemingly could work for both of our rosters:

To Spurs

(Total Salaries $18,014, 938)

- Tiago Splitter

- Thabo Sefalosha

- Tim Hardaway, Jr.

- Mike Scott

Total Payroll After Trade (including Mike Scott release and Pau Gasol signing): $91,997,697, under the cap by $2,165, 303

2016-07-04_2339.png

(If Duncan retires, as is now expected, Spurs reportedly will stretch his $6.2m salary, which is important in allowing them the cap space to sign Ginobili, Marjanovic, Bertans, and potentially 2 others to fill their roster; if he does not, it could be more problematic to fill a 15-man roster, though that's probably a problem Spurs' front office would welcome.)

To HAWKS

(Total Salaries $21,853,938)

- Danny Green

- Boris Diaw

- Patty Mills

- Livio Jean-Charles (Note: Key to the trade is that Spurs intend to sign from Europe, and can negotiate a  $1,275,000 salary that makes all the numbers work)

Total Payroll After Trade : $94,164,437, over the cap by $21,437

2016-07-04_2337.png(Asterisk to Patterson, b/c he could very well be replaced by another player acquired via the MLE, or let go and replaced by the Lithuanian combo forward we recently worked out, Mindaugas Kuzminskas... and yes, I checked the spelling.)

Critique away.... and fortunately @Spursfanpeacemaker is around and can critique from the other team point of view.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Happy to see @Spursfanpeacemaker appears to find it acceptable... that's always the crucible test, ie how does a fan from the other team perceive the deal.

Of course, a year from now, all that would be left of this trade would be Gasol in SA, and for us, Green and Livio-Charles, as everyone else would have completed their current contracts. I like that aspect of it--no one is pinned down by this deal entering next off-season's FA sweepstakes.

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't see SAS doing that.  Parker really struggled last season, Mills is a viable backup.   They don't have a backup SG after Danny Green.  Manu is on his last legs as well.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yeah, I don't see SAS doing that.  Parker really struggled last season, Mills is a viable backup.   They don't have a backup SG after Danny Green.  Manu is on his last legs as well.

I'd love to get Green the most. But it's hard to see it happening to due the reasons you just provided. For the love of God though I hope the Spurs have just one more run in them to get to the finals next year...I don't care if they win it, just get there so the Warriors don't. 

My fb has been blowing up with my dumbass warrior friends saying its a lock. I'm now thinking of deleting fb altogether. Lol

2 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'd love to get Green the most. But it's hard to see it happening to due the reasons you just provided. For the love of God though I hope the Spurs have just one more run in them to get to the finals next year...I don't care if they win it, just get there so the Warriors don't. 

My fb has been blowing up with my dumbass warrior friends saying its a lock. I'm now thinking of deleting fb altogether. Lol

You should ask them "Who's the face of the franchise? Curry with UA or Durant with Powerhouse Nike - it's gonna be a struggle"  (I posted about this in Around the NBA thread)

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You should ask them "Who's the face of the franchise? Curry with UA or Durant with Powerhouse Nike - it's gonna be a struggle"  (I posted about this in Around the NBA thread)

Lol yes...again I'm sure you prolly don't remember this JBH but I posted this a few weeks ago about Durant not signing with the Warriors because of the Nike vs UA...you even "liked" my post then. Lol. I honestly feel like Chandler from friends. I'm invisible...

DO YOU PEOPLE NOT SEE ME?-Chandler Bing

17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think they'd do it either and I think that's a manifestation of the blindspot they have for Parker.  Parker should be their backup.  The fact that they haven't groomed (acquired) a replacement is a major issue.  The frontcourt is set but they'll have major issues at PG play come playoff time.

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

You have Warriors friends?

Dang, that's almost as bad as having Cavs friends.

What's wrong with yoooouuuuu?!? You've got to watch who you associate with... bad companions corrupt good morals and all that!

14 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol yes...again I'm sure you prolly don't remember this JBH but I posted this a few weeks ago about Durant not signing with the Warriors because of the Nike vs UA...you even "liked" my post then. Lol. I honestly feel like Chandler from friends. I'm invisible...

DO YOU PEOPLE NOT SEE ME?-Chandler Bing

My first reaction...

I+m+sure+the+other+half+died+from+laught

I'm dying  laffing, bro.

This is you....try as you might...you get left in the dust, lol.

josh-part-2.gif

1 minute ago, sturt said:

What's wrong with yoooouuuuu?!? You've got to watch who you associate with... bad companions corrupt good morals and all that!

It should be 'You have friends?'

tumblr_mstl5oN7vr1qf6uh8o1_250.gif

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Well...I've lived in the Bay Area since 1986... That could be the main reason lol...but honestly there were only a few of them from 1986-88...then 89-94 it grew a lot...94-2006 died down 2007 (we believe year) went up again until 2010....then 2012- 14 more and more...2014-current...it blew up...:-(

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't think they'd do it either and I think that's a manifestation of the blindspot they have for Parker.  Parker should be their backup.  The fact that they haven't groomed (acquired) a replacement is a major issue.  The frontcourt is set but they'll have major issues at PG play come playoff time.

Well, they did  draft a PG. And they do  have a history, unlike Bud, of actually giving rookies a serious shot at rotation time.

But, for the record, the trade doesn't actually hinge on Mills to any great degree. Remove him and remove Thabo, and you've got essentially the same trade.

Here's why I think, balanced-thinking, Green is valued, but not nearly so valued as sometimes thought, and with the right return, could be part of a deal... I'm a big fan of researching what the other team's fans say when they're not actually being prompted to respond to a trade idea.... and especially fans so invested in their team that they bother to start a blog and a podcast.... FF to about the 17:19 mark, if it doesn't already do it on its own.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It should be 'You have friends?'

tumblr_mstl5oN7vr1qf6uh8o1_250.gif

Ouch.

Looks like @kg01 has competition... hehe.

Don't worry Spud.... some of us think the world of you, even though you haven't figured out yet how to get away from Sodom (SF) and Gomorrah (Oak)... ;)

9 minutes ago, sturt said:

My quick bio sturt

1981-86 lived in Houston was a Rockets fan but only was like a kid watching bball rooted for the home team. (Shoulda stuck with them I'd have 2 rings as a fan 94,95 :-()

1986- moved to Bay Area ...saw Nique is 85 is really started the dunk contest but I'll say 86...and spud...loved the Hawks...started hating the Warriors...Chris Mullin...Winston Garland...coach Don Nelson...Alton Lister...Steve Alford...list goes on n on..

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Looks like the salary cap isn't the only thing @JayBirdHawk picked up from HF! :sun:

Indeed! She picked up learning how to copy and paste spud original posts (i.e. Durant Nike curry UA) and pose them as her own new posts...she's really talented like that...