• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can you hear the crickets

Weez

Once again, it's a weekend night (aka some of us have things to do on a Saturday night, other than sit around with the internet), but the Hawks pull out a win (gasp) on the road (double gasp!!!). What can you say, toher than the Nuggets just can't beat us, strange as that sounds.

-sure SJax led the team in scoring and apparently won the game for us to an extent...but anyone else get the suspiscion that he thinks that this is "normal" and that all the shots he took and made tonight were the same as ones he normally still takes...and misses...and leaves us pulling out our hair?!

Someone pointed out, and you gotta believe, that Stotts must HATE DD, because even in this game he can't see the light of the floor. [censored]. and they even have little guards (Boykins). he's never going to play.

• Premium Member

Right now,

I'm of the opinion, it's better to lose and do well in the lottery than it is to win meaningless games.

BUT, for analysis...

What do you say... We play better with JT on the bench?

Do you say that as Jackson goes so goes the Hawks ?

Do you say that Nazr is better than Theo?

or Do you say that Denver is a good team but not a stable team and that if their shooting is not on, they will lose?

It's good that we won. However, can we win the next game? Can we start to put the pieces together. Under this coach and with this team I don't know if it's beneficial?

Thoughts?

"What do you say... We play better with JT on the bench"

it's true, and I don't think you can refute it. In this case, what you said was right to a degree...JT is not and will not become a pg in this league...and that's unfortunate, because he's a heck of a sg, but trapped in a pg's body, which is too big of a liability for most teams in the League.

Our bread and butter, at least in getting to the fourth quarter is Reef. While he has a different skill set than Webber, I think the method to success through a pf is somewhat similiar (if you want to go that route). You still have to have players that can create, go to in crunch time...JT could be that, but we can't afford to waste more time trying to pair him in the backcourt.

Nazr vs. Theo? you mean for this team, in general? trade value?

Denver's a good, talented team that hasn't quite figure out how to put everything together yet. They've got the pieces...but actually match up poorly against us, esp. with JT out, changing the entire way our team is run/how they prepared to guard us.

It's simply a lot better when Vaughn and Diaw are in the back court.

Now, that's not a good perimeter shooting combination there, but the two combined for 14 assists in this game. They also held Andre Miller and Voshon Lenard to 5 of 22 shooting.

The combination of Vaughn, Diaw, Jackson, Abdur-Rahim, and Ratliff may work for the short term because the team has no choice but to go to Abdur-Rahim and Jackson for offense.

I think we need an offensive-minded PG to pair with Diaw, and I think this is easier to do than to find a tall PG to pair with JT...who do you think this should be? I think we should attempt trading JT at the end of this season with Ratliff for a big bruising center, or a pick to get a big bruising center with filler...

J.T. was ill last night. He played a very few minutes to

open the game and even less to start the second half.

Since he was unable to play, he was sent to the end of

the bench to sit with the white guys, who don't play at

all. Hansen, Crawford and Dickau made room for him.

The rest of the Hawks then won, rather handily, their

road game at the mile high city.

Theo blocked a lot of shots. Nazr replaced him and scored

points. If Hawks could play these guys the way the

football teams do, two platoon, we would have a heck

of a center. Theo on defense and Nazr on offense! Wow!

J.V. handled the point quiet well. Glover and Diaw covered

for him when he had to take a breather since we have

no other point guard {Dickau don't count, apparently}

and managed to hold it together until J.V. returned.

We saw Jackson scoring inside and on the fast break.

He hit on some 3's and missed several jumpers.

Dion drove inside and scored. Diaw hit a long one for 2!

SAR had trouble scoring again but managed to be a factor

near the end when it really counted. He rebounded well

and had help from Diaw and Henderson.

Not a really great game, but a win. We'll take them any

way we can get them.

Let's put Turnover Terry on the bench and let him come

in against the opponents second unit to create some

energy and scoring.

Winning without him, especially in crunch time should tell

us something.

I agree, I think JT's role should be that of Bobby Jackson, an energy guy off the bench for offense and gambling D, even on this less talented team. I think we would be better with Terry giving us a spark off the bench than as relying on him as the starting PG...everybody plays better without him...Nazr can get the ball in his spots, etc. Reef is missing some easy ones right now, but Lenard missed some easy ones he normally makes too....so we'll take it.

He also sat most of the game vs. G-State, and the Hawks lost!! 17 turnovers, no J.T. Diaw at point is what the Hawks need, with Glover coming in off the bench.

Jax needs to remember that his game is "above the rim"

Nazr and Hendu played good, which is needed for the Hawks win.

Reef and Theo, true starters!!

When the Hawks released Nailon they looked for someone to go on the IR. They couldn't make an uninjured player go on the IR. DD didn't agree. What's that tell you? Guys like DD, CC and Hanson will not get playing time of any quality until Stotts is gone. Some of this is my opinion. SOme of this is fact.

IMO I dont think we are better without JT. Yes you can call me a homer because of my screen name. How about when we beat the Wizards the other night, with JT going for a double-double. I agree he is not a PG, but I think he can be with the right coach to lead him in that direction and learning how to be a PG in this league. Remember he only had Wilkens in his first season and the rest has been Kruger and Stotts.

JT is still a highly talented player with great shooting abilities.

And I still believe that we havent been successful this season because of Stotts.

I wouldnt say his shooting abilities are great......not with him shooting what, 34% from downtown this year? You can look to almost all of our losses and see where JT has shot poorly and its killed us. If SAR plays great and JT struggles we barely lose, if they both struggle we get killed and if both of them play well we win. JT has just become very inconsistent over the last 2 years with his shot and I wish he would get it back to the old 2nd year JT when he was money. I am just getting sick of turning on the games and seeing JT shooting 3 for 16 or some other sick number. He needs to learn to stop shooting and start passing when his shot isnt falling.