• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any Given Wednesday Love (light)?

bird_dirt

I don't know if anyone watches Any Given Wednesday on HBO (hosted by Seltz über fan Bill Simmons), but he just had Vincent Staples on as a guest.  They did NBA Winners and Losers segment, and both were basically saying Cabs/Dubs final, but....

Staples, unprompted, mentions if D8 & Dennis master the PnR, they could win the Ship. Little bit tongue in cheek, but was caught off guard hearing anyone bring up ATL voluntarily.   Can't find a clip online, but it was pretty weird. Check it out if you have HBO access.

He said there's been some rumbling about Atlanta...mentioned the Falcons playing well...but eventually said they had to change the subject before they got sued.

It was interesting in that the Hawks were the only other team outside of Cavs/Dubs that were mentioned in the finals, much less winning it.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Is the show worth watching?  I've enjoyed Simmons in print over the years but find him a mix of awkward and desperate live.  Reminds me of someone's little brother trying to be cool with the big kids.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AHF said:

Is the show worth watching?  I've enjoyed Simmons in print over the years but find him a mix of awkward and desperate live.  Reminds me of someone's little brother trying to be cool with the big kids.

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, AHF said:

That is exactly how it is watching him on his show. For me I guess it's worth wasting 30 minutes a week on because it's there.  Sunday nights after I play soccer I catch up on every show I follow for the week...this one, Ballers, GoT, Walking Dead, and Atlanta. Other than that I just watch basketball, football, soccer, or Netflix and chill with the wife. She and children own the TV usually, though.