• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something Korver does that others could learn from

ViewsFromTheSquawk

Yeah, I see him making TO passes in to the post all the time. But he has a good passing game. TO numbers dont tell the whole story at all. High risk passes offer high rewards. One could also say higher or slightly higher risk passes. Its all about the equilibrium of whats sound. Needless to say we are a passing team and need to move the ball. Which means more TO's but also higher rewards...

Edited by DS17Fanboy

John Stockton is helping coach his daughter's team in college so maybe we could bring him in to help with the entry passes. That connection between him an Karl was one of the best I have ever seen. Probably would have to be part time since he is such a Northwest homer kinda person. Probably reaching here but a Jerry Sloan student can't be all bad.  

• Premium Member

If it's a coaching problem, and if you're one who thinks we need someone to come in, I seem to recall that Steve Smith cat was a pretty decent wing passer into the post. Or, alternatively, anyone know what Grant Hill is doing these days?

Not saying its a coaching problem because we are really young with the ball handling except for Kyle. The convenience is definitely good with Grant but here is where stats can get people. Career averages for Smith on assists is 3.1 and Hill on assists is 4.1. Turnovers cut them both to less than two assists a game. Not thinking Stockton would consider leaving his area of the country or that he is a wing but those two guys didn't average a double double their entire careers or are holding on to the career assist lead.It was an interesting thought because of watching him play but not much more because I think he wants to see his daughter play in college. He was what he was, a great entry passer and a good bit more. Bud has shown he can figure out and adjust to pretty much anything. Rebounding without a doubt is one of the biggest examples of that. 

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/smithst01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hillgr01.html