• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder: “We changed a little bit on defense"

JTB

In the recent AJC article Dennis speaks about going back to the defense of the past 3 years....

The Hawks have played much better defense of late, especially during the four-game win streak. Schröder said the Hawks veterans, including Millsap, went to Budenholzer about returning to a more aggressive push defense.

Budenholzer listened.

“We changed a little bit on defense,” Schröder said. “We are pushing again like we did the last three years and it was successful. Coach told us what we can change. And we were talking to him a little bit. From now on, everything is aggressive. Coach listened to Paul and other veterans. I think that’s what great coaches do, listen to their players.

The scheme is more aggressive.

“I think we caused them problems by getting up in them and not let them get comfortable with what they want to do,” Millsap said.

Now lets get this straight...defense has been a struggle this season more because of a scheme that is new to all the players? So this whole time I thought this had something to do with howard but in reality according to dennis this has been about a lack of knowing the scheme and being aggressive.

Thoughts?

What he talks about takes more skill and capability. Nothing to do with effort really. They seemingly didnt trust in doing it right of the bat with Howard(and also Korver in the starting 5). I like Howard's approach more and more. He's not high on being a primary scoring option, but is instead working on things like team D.

• Like 1

Honestly I noticed last night the way they were playing the pick and rolls looked like the early Bud Hawks. 2013-pre all star 2015.

Remember when Bud first got here and we were ICE-ing the pick and roll. The last year and a half I noticed that we stopped doing that and went with more switching and help defense. 

It was a thing of beauty to watch the aggressiveness on the perimeter and once the ball got in the paint we saw a ton of hands and steals, he'll even blocks last night. I didn't know it was the scheme being changed, I figured the guys were just being aggressive 

• Like 2

Wow !  We needed that !

Defense has come out of their hibernation.  And, it shows.  See, it's not the fault

of D8, as many of us thought.

Another thing that has really impressed me is D8 at the foul line.  He's taking

this stuff seriously.  It's not automatic that he's going to miss more than he hits.

Every one knows that I'm a believer that those points count too! 

Sad to lose one of my favorite Hawks.  I hope KK does well in every game that

the Cavs lose!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

I hope KK does well in every game that

the Cavs lose!

Couldn't agree more. He won't have to practice against Dellavedova either so he should make it to the playoffs as well.

• Like 1