• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2017 Atlanta Hawks playoffs turned retro

I think we should do a retro 90's look for this upcoming playoff run. Everybody on the team needs to shave their heads and wear black shoes. Ala Knicks and Bulls and other squads in the 90's that would show unity by doing this. I think it would be fun to bring it back. Everything comes around again in style, why not this and why not us.

Full disclosure though, Dwight make looked dumber than Chris Mullin with a shaved head. Lol. And Dennis can say bye bye to his gold patch.

Show of hands, who loved this in the 90's? I did, signaled the spirit of spring playoff physical bball.

Love 90's ball, LETS DO THIS HAWKS!!!!!!!

ps I'm gonna be pissed if a team does this in the next couple of playoffs, or even this year and it's not us. Rules are simple ...shaved head/black kicks.

Should we? Yes/No?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.solecollector.com/news/2015/06/nba-playoffs-black-sneakers

IMG_9562.PNG

IMG_9563.JPG

IMG_9564.JPG

IMG_9566.JPG

IMG_9567.JPG

10 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The shaved head look wouldn't go over well with everyone (like those of us who've put too much stock in their signature Nas fade lol). But the coordinated shoes should be standard protocol.

Ya I feel ya lol...just miss the 90's when they did that I guess. Actually, half our team would look horrible ...lol..guys that simply couldn't shave their heads would be Dwight, Sap and Dennis the three best players. 

Delaney

Bembry

THJ

would be the only three guys on our roster who would even look remotely OK with a shaved head...lol

14 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The shaved head look wouldn't go over well with everyone (like those of us who've put too much stock in their signature Nas fade lol). But the coordinated shoes should be standard protocol.

I'm actually looking to get my nappy Robin Lopez doo in for a fade myself.

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Having said that . . . how about some of our old style uniforms, with our new color scheme?   They would have to get NBA approval on that though.

These or these?

IMG_9569.GIF

IMG_9572.GIF

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Nah . . everybody can't rock the bald head.

I can....:-|

IMG_9562.PNG

Ps Lebron is also almost there (involuntarily)...:-|

Dunno. I became a fan in the 90s so I think it'd be a cool idea, but worried about throwing off what little mojo we might have. I vote just keep doin what you're doing, Hawks. Just my $0.02.

PS no throwback blue unis during the playoffs, we are like 1-9 in them

Edited by LamarHampton
  • Like 2