• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL and Philly

h4wkfan

Not sure if Philly would bite and would willing to give up these guys but at some point they need help and have to stop waiting for the young guys to develop. Sign and trade...

Anchorman for R Holmes/D Saric/J Bayless

Why for Philly?... They have a young team that has big time potential. They desparetly need a veteran presence to help lead the team, and sap brings all the intangibles you want a young  team to be around  They instantly upgrade to one of the best front courts in basketball with Simmons/Sap/Embiid. They unload the often injured backup Jeryd Bayless allowing them to draft a top PG and sign a healthy, veteran backup. I'd take back Gerald Henderson if they wanted to dump that contract to clear cap space. The team could look... 

Fox / Henderson / Simmons / Sap / Embiid

Why Atlanta?.. I'm a huge fan of Holmes after last year when he actually got playing time. Instantly have a legit back up 5 that has shown the ability to stretch the floor (future starter). Saric is the big prize. He may never be a go to scorer, but he and prince could compliment each other nicely. Infuse young talent, even if we do lose in the short term. Also gives us flexibility to draft BPA and not reach for a center. 

If free agency and the draft worked out in our favor...we could always have something like...

Shro / Bayless / Delaney

THJ / Bembry / D Bacon

Prince / Baze / ???

Saric / Illyasova / J Motley

Howard / Holmes / Moose 

The big question is why would sap do this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
29 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wonder what Philly would take for Holmes - will pick #60 and a future 2nd be enough (The Wiz 2019 2nd).   

I think they really like Holmes (why they are so willing to get rid of Okafor) and might be difficult to pry him away.  Especially with Embiid's injury history.  

What about baze and our Cleveland pick for Holmes / Bayless? 

If Embiid is healthy and they don't get rid of okafor... They get 2 assets for 2 backups. And bringing in a veteran presents from a winning culture. Plus bazes contract is up when a few of their big names are so it allows them flexibility when they need it. He would be a great backup of the bench for Simmons or even start at sg so they aren't tempted to draft a guy like monk if fox is available 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think Baze to Philly is something that might work, but I don't know if they'd move Holmes.  He's shown enough promise on his cheap deal to hold out for more.  Like another poster stated, Okafor might be more available than Holmes.  Earlier today, I was thinking about a 3 way trade like this...

Philly receives: Kent Bazemore and DeAndre Bembry

Chicago receives: Mike Dunleavy Jr. (cap relief), 3 Atlanta 1st round picks, Gerald Henderson

Atlanta receives: Jahlil Okafor and Jimmy Butler

We could use our MLE for another big or PG.  I'd also see us possibly signing vet min. deals with guys like Calderon, Mike Scott, and possibly bringing back Tiago Splitter

Schröder/Calderon/Delaney
THJ/2nd rd. pick
Butler/Prince
Millsap/Ilyasova/Scott
Howard/Okafor/Splitter

Edited by Dragitoff
missed something

3 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I think Baze to Philly is something that might work, but I don't know if they'd move Holmes.  He's shown enough promise on his cheap deal to hold out for more.  Like another poster stated, Okafor might be more available than Holmes.  Earlier today, I was thinking about a 3 way trade like this...

Philly receives: Kent Bazemore and DeAndre Bembry

Chicago receives: Mike Dunleavy Jr. (cap relief), 3 Atlanta 1st round picks, Gerald Henderson

Atlanta receives: Jahlil Okafor and Jimmy Butler

We could use our MLE for another big or PG.  I'd also see us possibly signing vet min. deals with guys like Calderon, Mike Scott, and possibly bringing back Tiago Splitter

Schröder/Calderon/Delaney
THJ/2nd rd. pick
Butler/Prince
Millsap/Ilyasova/Scott
Howard/Okafor/Splitter

It'll be Butler at SG, Thjr as the backup, Prince at SF and a definite NO to Splitter.

15 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It'll be Butler at SG, Thjr as the backup, Prince at SF and a definite NO to Splitter.

I'm good with that also.  I definitely like the defensive pressure that 1st unit could exhibit.  I'm good with Splitter as the 3rd center on a vet min. (prove he's healthy) kind of deal.  He knows the system so anything he gives us would be better than most team's 3rd center. 

• 2 weeks later...

With the 76ers making the move to get the number one pick, presumably Fultz... I think that a trade for baze could work...

Baze and #60 for Henderson and #36.

We clear cap space and get another pick in a deep draft. 

They get a great fit in terms of a veteran defender who thrives on playing off ball.  They clear a draft pick that they don't need. Trade #60 for cash. 

Fultz / Baze / Simmons / Saric / Embiid ain't bad looking on paper.