• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ATL/MEM/WASH (Baze + Howard)

TheFuzz

This trade might sound a little crazy, but the shell would be...

ATL

Dwight + Bazemore + 2 1sts (ATL 2017 and Minnesota Pick)

for

M. Gasol + Parsons

Washington

Gortat (or Mahinmi) + Smith + Satoransky

for

Dwight

Memphis

M. Gasol + Parsons

for

Bazemore + Gortat (or Mahinmi) + Smith + Satoransky + 2 1sts from ATL

Washington upgrades at C and gets rid of their bad mouthing Gortat or overpaid Mahinmi.

Memphis saves a lot of money going forward, gets more depth (something that team sorely lacks) and bottoms out a little bit with some picks in tow. They have their pick in 2018, but might lose their pick in 2019.

Atlanta loses a couple of picks and takes on one of the worst contracts in the NBA to add M. Gasol, one of the best Cs and a perfect fit next to Millsap. Maybe Parsons can stretch the floor a little for us, who knows. Either way we gun for a title.

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I heard 'what has he ever won' about Jimmy Butler.  I'd say that about Gasol.   He's a great center but it's not a center's league anymore.  

It's not a 'Dwight Howard' type of center league anymore. He's exactly the type of center that would fit Bud's offense - a passer and can step out and hit a shot.

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I heard 'what has he ever won' about Jimmy Butler.  I'd say that about Gasol.   He's a great center but it's not a center's league anymore.  

No it's not a traditional center league anymore but Marc has range and shoots outside very well.

Combine that with his inside game and @TheFuzz has got a point. 

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's not a 'Dwight Howard' type of center league anymore. He's exactly the type of center that would fit Bud's offense - a passer and can step out and hit a shot.

Jinx buy me a Coke!

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I guess I'm just not a fan.   In 10 years the Griz have gotten out of the first round 3 times with Gasol and while they made the WCF once they didn't win a game.   No doubt he's an amazing talent but he doesn't move like (*gulp) Horford does and while he does everything else better, you have to slow down the offense to utilize him well.   That's a totally uneducated opinion.   I don't think Gasol is a needle mover because we'd still have a wing problem.   Oh and a boring team.   

• Admin

Parsons contract

20 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

Lol, I don't like Parsons either but I think it'd take that to land Gasol.

Edit: Gasol is also fantastic defensively 

Parsons contract is an albatross ... taking it on would be a huge mistake and would really leave us stuck.  I think it is one of the most untradeable contracts in the league

This would be the trade of the year, I do not see why Memphis would do it. That said, Parsons is not only a poor fit healthy due to his lack of defense but after that injury, ugh. I saw Baze and Dwight for Gasol and didn't see Parsons attached. 

Edited by NBASupes

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I guess I'm just not a fan.   In 10 years the Griz have gotten out of the first round 3 times with Gasol and while they made the WCF once they didn't win a game.   No doubt he's an amazing talent but he doesn't move like (*gulp) Horford does and while he does everything else better, you have to slow down the offense to utilize him well.   That's a totally uneducated opinion.   I don't think Gasol is a needle mover because we'd still have a wing problem.   Oh and a boring team.   

I'd rather have him than Dwight. Him being able to stretch the floor allow our wings more room in the paint. And if they cut to the basket he'll find them.

I disagree about slowing the offense. In our ball movement offense he's a willing and capable passer from the low, mid or high post.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd rather have him than Dwight. Him being able to stretch the floor allow our wings more room in the paint. And if they cut to the basket he'll find them.

There is no way I am interested in trading picks for Gasol if we take back Parsons. I am not even interested in Parsons. 

I would rather use the picks to do a three team trade where we get DeRozan and Marc Gasol for Bazemore and Dwight Howard. I do not mind doing this. 

Toronto Gets: Parsons, three 1st rounders from us. This 2017 1st, Minny 1st and our 2018 1st. 

Atlanta Gets: DeMar DeRozan and Marc Gasol

Memphis Gets: Dwight Howard and Kent Bazemore

Dennis

DeRozan

Prince

Millsap

Marc Gasol

We could contend with these boys. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

There is no way I am interested in trading picks for Gasol if we take back Parsons. I am not even interested in Parsons. 

I would rather use the picks to do a three team trade where we get DeRozan and Marc Gasol for Bazemore and Dwight Howard. I do not mind doing this. 

Toronto Gets: Parsons, three 1st rounders from us. This 2017 1st, Minny 1st and our 2018 1st. 

Atlanta Gets: DeMar DeRozan and Marc Gasol

Memphis Gets: Dwight Howard and Kent Bazemore

Dennis

DeRozan

Prince

Millsap

Marc Gasol

We could contend with these boys. 

I don't want Parsons either.

Why would Toronto want Parsons?

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If they were tanking, they get a stock of 1st rounders. 

Still doesn’t explain why they'd want to pay Parsons for 4 more years on thsn albatross.

And why is Toronto tanking?