• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forget title chasing......go back to being fun

HawkItus

On 6/3/2017 at 9:24 PM, Lurker said:

As long as Dwight is here, the chance of Atlanta fans (at least the dumb ones) getting behind Dennis is at 0% because most will spend a lot of time being angry at him for not getting Dwight involved more.

Trying to think of a witty comment here but I'm going to let your's speak volumes about you.  If you watched the 2 videos linked above, the whole game changed because the team committed to spacing the floor by getting the big man involved. It doesn't matter if Papa Smurf is playing center. The inside game has got to be a threat if you want to open up the wings.

Basketball has 2 options. You need a post player threat if you want to shoot outside or you need a sinister 1 v 1 player to draw the defense if you want to shoot outside. Either you make the defense collapse on the post or you make the defense collapse on penetration, or you shoot bricks all night. That's it...that's offensive basketball.  Why is Cleveland great, Houston very good, OKC always a threat? Because Lebron James, James Harden, Russell Westbrook are terrifying 1 on 1 players who are capable passers when stopped.  Why did New Orleans trade for a second killer big, did San Antonio dominate for years, Houston win back to back championships or Orlando and Utah come so close so many times. All of those teams committed to playing inside out, through dominant big men and surrounded them with shooters. Then again, maybe I'm one of the dumb ones.

• Like 2

The Houston game didn't change because of ***********Dwight's inside play************. He was a major part of the game. Fine. Good.

It's a blowout if Hardaway Jr doesn't go absolutely nuts, and he wasn't going absolutely nuts because of focus on Howard, I mean if you go rewatch Hardaway Jr's tape on that game, they're playing straight up on Howard. In fact, they leave Howard wiiiiiidddddddddeeeeeee open on the screen and roll...which of course Hardaway Jr ignored...and scored anyway.

Edited by Lurker

15 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Trying to think of a witty comment here but I'm going to let your's speak volumes about you.  If you watched the 2 videos linked above, the whole game changed because the team committed to spacing the floor by getting the big man involved. It doesn't matter if Papa Smurf is playing center. The inside game has got to be a threat if you want to open up the wings.

Basketball has 2 options. You need a post player threat if you want to shoot outside or you need a sinister 1 v 1 player to draw the defense if you want to shoot outside. Either you make the defense collapse on the post or you make the defense collapse on penetration, or you shoot bricks all night. That's it...that's offensive basketball.  Why is Cleveland great, Houston very good, OKC always a threat? Because Lebron James, James Harden, Russell Westbrook are terrifying 1 on 1 players who are capable passers when stopped.  Why did New Orleans trade for a second killer big, did San Antonio dominate for years, Houston win back to back championships or Orlando and Utah come so close so many times. All of those teams committed to playing inside out, through dominant big men and surrounded them with shooters. Then again, maybe I'm one of the dumb ones.

And all of those teams actually had low post threats. If you think Dwight is a low post threat, that speaks volumes about yourself. Dwight is a horrible low post threat, he's below 1 PPP on it.

Edited by Lurker

In fact, Dwight was involved the most when the team was getting their tits ripped in that game. His presence did not change the game in any way at all. They did not give him ****extra attention**** after he scored some early.

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The Houston game didn't change because of ***********Dwight's inside play************. He was a major part of the game. Fine. Good.

It's a blowout if Hardaway Jr doesn't go absolutely nuts, and he wasn't going absolutely nuts because of focus on Howard, I mean if you go rewatch Hardaway Jr's tape on that game, they're playing straight up on Howard. In fact, they leave Howard wiiiiiidddddddddeeeeeee open on the screen and roll...which of course Hardaway Jr ignored...and scored anyway.

And why did THj go nuts. Defensive sag created by inside attention.  Get your Howard hate goggles off, go online and rewatch the game.

21 minutes ago, thecampster said:

And why did THj go nuts. Defensive sag created by inside attention.  Get your Howard hate goggles off, go online and rewatch the game.

They did not focus on Howard after an early hot start which...btw was helped with hand feeding, not his own doing. I remember that game and I can look back for proof.

Ok I looked. Howard got extra attention on ONE play on Hardaway Jr's tape. That is IT. On pretty much every other play Houston is STILL ignoring him because its straight up.

And I don't want to hear it on the argument of "oh one play can get someone hot!"

Bulls***.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Lurker said:

Howard does jack diddly squat to help facilitate winning and interest. Jack diddly squat.

Can't imagine anyone being more interested in him than you.

• Like 2

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Quit joking. It's not a baby mama thing. I just deeply deeply hate Dwight and want him off the team immediately. I will stop when he's off of it.

You said no one would be interested in him.  I wasn't joking about the baby mama thing but you are more interested in him than anyone on this forum is in any player on any team so I dispute your notion that he can't inspire interest.

• Like 3

On 6/3/2017 at 5:12 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm leaving work early today so I can be in Nashville tonight.  That city is on FIRE.   Honestly, all of Middle Tennessee is on fire for that Predators team.  When Black people start wearing hockey jerseys and watching the games, you know the bandwagon effect has taken place.  

I had a ton of my friends on board here in 2006-2007.  Too bad these dudes couldn't win a game, because the same thing was happening here, despite years of losing.  HUGE  missed opportunity.

• 1 month later...