• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PETER JOK - 2017 SLEEPER!!

I'm not sure why this kid isn't shooting up draft boards. He literally ready to play within our system. He's smart with length and a high motor. He could be the space creator we need to fill the void left by Kyle's departure. Take a look at the video's below and take a look at how he moves without the ball. Looks like a very intelligent player. Bring him home Schlenk!!

Edited by willthepureshooter

Here's the other side of Jok ...

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/2017/5/17/15648418/breaking-down-peter-joks-performance-at-the-nba-draft-combine-iowa-hawkeyes

Highlight film looks AMAZING, however, there are a lot of questions on this guy.  To me, he looks exactly like Anthony Morrow coming out of GT.

Jok is a guy you sign to the summer league and plan on slow-play developing him.  If he shows you something, great.  If not, lump him into the heap of guys who can shoot but not do much else (despite that FANTASTIC highlight reel, emphasis on highlight as in not showing the full picture).

I see your point but what can you actually find out about a player during an NBA combine scrimmage? Not much. Trey Lyles led the Las Vegas Summer League in scoring in 2016, but how did that translate into his first NBA season? He played like hot garbage. Getting to your spots, playing smart basketball, and knocking down your opportunities is more important than athleticism. Just look at the Andre Millers, Aaron Affalo's, Chris Paul's, and Joe Johnson's of the game. Peter Jok would be an absolute stud in our system.

GP MPG FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% RPG APG BLKPG STLPG PFPG TOPG PPG
2016-17 Regular Season 71 16.3 2.2-6.2 .362 0.9-2.9 .319 0.8-1.1 .722 3.3 1.0 0.3 0.4 1.4 0.9 6.2

These are the stats that I care about during the NBA combine: http://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-spot-up/

You can tell far more from the combine than you can from a highlight video but, to your point, neither gives the full picture.

Athleticism is extremely important.  Notice the Warriors emphasize it in their evals per Schlenk.  Jok is a spot-up shooter at the next level.  That's the reason he's getting no draft buzz at all.  In a league desperate for shooting, he's not even considered a 2nd rounder right now.  It's not because he's a 'sleeper'.  It's because folks have seen enough.

Interesting that none of the guys you listed have won in the league.  Also interesting that one of Lyles' drawbacks is athleticism.

43 minutes ago, GABALLA said:

About time I wasn't the only one high on this guy. To me he's a more athletic Jamal Crawford with a better shot but less handle 

What the?  Crawford's game dwarfs this guy's.  They're not even in the same stratosphere.

Crawford was a lotto pick for a reason.  This guy won't likely get drafted.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

What the?  Crawford's game dwarfs this guy's.  They're not even in the same stratosphere.

Crawford was a lotto pick for a reason.  This guy won't likely get drafted.

He will get drafted and will be a solid pro if not a revelation. Of course Crawford's game was/is better, who said it wasn't?

4 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

Bro, you have to look deeper. He's taking contested shots while leading a young Iowa team. 38% off of mainly contested 3 point shots is pretty ridiculous. Look at his workout below. The handles look mighty good to me.

He's going to be steal in the draft for whoever takes him. if he's there at 61 we grab him. Best shooter in the draft.