• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now that they're ours, we can talk about the here on the main board, right? So what do you think of Schlenk's first draft class?

sturt

• Premium Member
On 6/23/2017 at 11:02 AM, AHF said:

Two contenders:

2012 - John Jenkins and Mike Scott - two (college) vet scorers who weren't known for playing D and both looked to be undersized for their positions and therefore unlikely to develop into plus defenders at any time in their pro careers.

So as I thought still more about it... yeah, Dorsey is a 2nd rounder with a couple of inches on 1st rounder Jenkins, and Collins is a 1st rounder with a couple of inches on Scott. Intrigued enough to look at a side-by-side comparison. (Might have to click the graphic to actually view the numbers.)

2017-06-25_1628.png

What leaps off the page to me about Collins that no one seems to talk about even yet.... yes, his coaches were probably telling him to ease up on defense so he could stay on the floor.... AND FOR GOOD REASON.... our shiny new toy proved to be a fouling machine, EVEN THOUGH he was being coached to ease up.

Yikes.

But on the plus side that no one seems to talk about... he's been a pretty decent shot blocker.

Then, here's Dorsey and Jenkins...

2017-06-25_1637.png

Jenkins is the better shooter, but Dorsey is no slouch, while being a better assist guy. What's more, what I like in what I've seen of Dorsey is that he seems to be similarly adept at catch-and-shoot and creating his own shot, whereas I always thought held back Jenkins is that he seemed to have to work so hard to create space... those couple of inches seemingly being critical, but also perhaps Dorsey has appreciably better handles.

• Like 2

For the die hard fans I played a 2k17 updated rosters..(pre free agency obviously) but Collins looks good at 13 points 4 boards and 3 assists. He shot 50% from the field  going 5-10..very efficient. Lol. We still need the anchorman as he pulled down 11 boards and led us in that department.

I'll take those stats from Collins for sure.

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

I watched the Kings and Magic take the majority of my picks but I'm not mad at all about the picks we have. I don't think Kabba will be a draft and stash either I actually think we can implement him better by putting him in our system and with his new teammates now. 

Collins is fine im gonna assume he wowed them in ways I can't see because I'm not in the room with them I may have taken that Allen guy from Texas but Collins is fine.

I love Dorsey not as a stud or anything but as a bench guard who can come in an play good aggressive basketball and maybe fill in as a capable starter when injuries happen. I can't really back this up besides what I saw of him in game action. Love what he brought and I think he will have a nice career.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, taz said:

Collins is fine im gonna assume he wowed them in ways I can't see because I'm not in the room with them I may have taken that Allen guy from Texas but Collins is fine.

I love Dorsey not as a stud or anything but as a bench guard who can come in an play good aggressive basketball and maybe fill in as a capable starter when injuries happen. I can't really back this up besides what I saw of him in game action. Love what he brought and I think he will have a nice career.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm going to guess that Collins could shoot well in workouts. I know they didn't work him out but they saw his pro day. He has been shooting great in the pre draft process, and I'm guessing Allen didn't. Collins is a 75% FT shooter and Allen was about 50%. Both Collins and Schlenk keep bringing up his shooting, so I'm guessing that's it. Allen didn't even participate in the shooting drills at the combine, so he clearly isn't confident in his abilities. Collins went 16 for 25.

Edited by CP61