Official Jamal Crawford Trade Ideas

JTB

• Premium Member

Okay, here's my best shot at it, now that Bradley has been dispatched.

For his part, Ainge wants to come as close to gaining $5m of cap space with this as he can. And this accomplishes that somewhat daunting feat.

For Magic Johnson's part, I'm just taking at face value that there was some initial interest in Jamal, and recalling some perhaps non-credible intel (can't recall the sources) that there is some discontent with Clarkson.

For our part, of course, we're interested in pieces that are just as likely to be good contracts to trade as they are to be good players who we may eventually want to keep... ie, flexibility.

The numbers work, though ESPN Trade Machine curiously doesn't have the capacity to figure out that not everything is a matter of the 125% threshold under the new CBA; and in this case, too, it refuses to send Belinelli anywhere, though if nothing else, it can be done in August.

2017-07-07_1024.png

I should add, that given how the market values cap space, it might be the case that some draft picks change hands here, as well, to still-better even up the equation. I didn't include that part because there's some natural elasticity there obviously since picks have no cap impact. But in my view, we probably should be able to pry away the rights to Semi Olejeye (hasn't signed a contract yet as far as I'm aware) from the C's, and I think the Lakers might be able to justify asking for one of the C's future 1st round picks.

Imo a lot of people are over valuing j craw. I'd be happy with Crawford for shumpert / frye. 

Frye expires this year and shump is a 11m expiring deal the next that would be moveable. Keeps up with the flexibility shlenk keeps preaching. 

Sign a guy like Willie reed and I'm content where we stand. 

Shro / delandy / maggette

Shump / bellinelli / Dorsey

Prince / baze / bembry 

Frye / collins / kaba

Reed / plumlee / stone 

Hello #1 pick and financial flexibility ! 

This roster makes me sick.