• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What about the bench

macdaddy

• Moderators

With our improved play suddenly our big 3 are looking much much better. SAR is really showing he's the man, JT still has problems but is a great shooter, Theo is doing well on both ends and Jax has calmed down and started to play his game. If they can just get Diaw to shoot the ball.

But, where is the bench? I'm not a big fan of DD but its getting to be time to play him some. JV hasn't been that impressive of late so why not. Despite our better play and remote chance of making the playoffs we still have one of the worst records in the league. Are we going to use a 7 player rotation all year long?

When Hendu returns, he will become the 9th player in the rotation (along with Nazr, Glover, JV). JV has not been very impressive lately, and as much as I hate to agree with you, it might be time to let Dan Dickau get some run. I still do not think he has what it takes, but the offense has really bogged down with Vaughn on the court.

It is also time to stop letting Diaw initiate the offense. Plays are too slow to develop when he run the offense, because he is not a threat offensively. Even on the majority of his drives to the basket, he is looking to pass, instead of taking the short jumper or layup. Diaw has to become more of a threat on the offensive end. You can see the frustration on the veteran players faces, when he drives the lane and makes a tough pass, instead of taking the shot.

TROUBLEMAN

• Moderators

I'm not a fan of DD either but might as well give him a shot at this point. Not to start a Stotts bash again but they have to be telling Diaw to shoot the ball. If he's just ignoring them then sit him down. If they aren't telling him to take wide open shots or not pass the ball from 5 feet away then somethings wrong. He obviously needs some help, but then he didn't score much in France either so maybe he can't shoot at all.

Mac,

It would be hard to be a gaurd on ANY level of basketball and not be able to shoot, dunk or lay-it-up.

The problem seems to be confidence and thought. He WANTS to pass so badly that it affects his shot. You have to know WHEN to shoot.

He can penetrate with the best on our team (not that this is saying much). The problem is that EVERY time he gets near the rim he passes. He needs to pass 60% of those, shoot 35% and dribble out 5%.

He was the slam-dunk champ - so he can get up there. There is no reason for him not to be getting easy layups and dunks.

Play.