• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think Trae can be the number one option on a championship team?

marco102

Could Trae be the number one option on a championship team?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

Yes and no.  It depends what your definition of number one option is... If you mean the best player on the team then yes.  If you mean first scoring option then no. I believe Trae is dynamic enough as a PG to be the leader and performer that we need for a championship caliber team, but he cannot be our primary ball handler AND the number one scoring option and expect to win. There has be someone else that dominates and racks up the points... otherwise it's a one-man band and the rest of the team is just along for the ride. Shoot-first PG's do not win championships.

13 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Yes and no.  It depends what your definition of number one option is... If you mean the best player on the team then yes.  If you mean first scoring option then no. I believe Trae is dynamic enough as a PG to be the leader and performer that we need for a championship caliber team, but he cannot be our primary ball handler AND the number one scoring option and expect to win. There has be someone else that dominates and racks up the points... otherwise it's a one-man band and the rest of the team is just along for the ride. Shoot-first PG's do not win championships.

This is it. Well put and dead on. Trae is more of a 1a/2 guy as a scoring option, or should be. 

• Like 1

Yes he can and these last two games by Huerter have shown some over the top upside. I think we just need a center and this team will be a legit playoff team next season. Unfortunately, I do not think there is a rookie center ready to do what is needed from day one.

Borderline playoff team without a vet center like Adams or Drummond. Legit playoff team with one.

• Like 3