• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think Trae can be the number one option on a championship team?

marco102

Could Trae be the number one option on a championship team?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I remember when Trae first went on his run last season there was a debate if Trae could be the number one option on a championship team.  With his performance this season has he changed anyones mind that doubted him or do you still feel he's best served as an excellent number 2 option ala AD.

I personally think he can be a solid number one, but with less ball dominance and more off ball movement.  His catch and shoot percentages this season are amazing.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yes and No. He can be your best offensive player but he can't be your best overall player. Cam or DeAndre needs to be better than him for us to really win a title.

I guess I should clarify. Number 1 option to me means best offensive player.  You put the ball in their hands at the end of game seven of the finals to make a play or get a shot up.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2

Just now, marco102 said:

I guess I should clarify. Number 1 option to me means best offensive player.  You put the ball in their hands at the end of the game seven of the finals to make a play or get a shot up.

Yeah. He can do that. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yes and No. He can be your best offensive player but he can't be your best overall player. Cam or DeAndre needs to be better than him for us to really win a title.

Pretty much answered it in my opinion. Only thing I will say to clarify the “Cam or De’Andre need to be better then Trae for us to really win a title”...

.I definitely say yes that’s true either will need to be better than Trae OVERALL not necessarily better than him offensively cause like you said Traes offense ability has a chance of being historic and quite honestly I believe Cam could be considered the better player than trae one day cause of defense ability but not one soul on this team has the high ceiling offensive potential of Trae...but I know you know that 

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

It's likely impossible to find a better offensive player for us than Trae. He has a chance to be the GOAT offensively 

Missed this before I made a comment on your first post lol...my bad 

Cam or De'Andre? Not gonna happen. lol. 

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, JTB said:

How do you know?

I cant see it. But Ive been wrong before. Trae is just too good..And those guys just dont have Traes mentality..

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, terrell said:

I cant see it. But Ive been wrong before. Trae is just too good..And those guys just dont have Traes mentality..

Well hunter was never going to be that kind of scorer but watching Cam even when he messes up on a possession you see the high upside he has been labeled with! I can’t wait until he puts it all together! 

And hey its just rookie year for those two so they definitely deserve more time. You never know what is to come with any of these young players these days it’s hard to judge honestly unlike back then. For example....

I never thought kelly oubre would ever even get close to avg 15 pts per game and last season in his 5th year of his career he avg 15 or 16 pts per game and today he’s avg 18 pts per game in his sixth season so far.

i remember when budcox drafted him and then traded him draft night, I was so relieved and I could have cared less he got traded which was ultimately for hardaway jr if I recall it correctly. Anyways oubre just wasn’t a type of player I really liked deep down inside  or thought would amount to anything (I guess similar to how you see Cam)...to me oubre only showed to be a energetic guy who MAY give you 10pts per game on his best season ....but just like you I’ve been wrong before & I actually like oubre now and he’s grown into a pretty decent player overall.

you just never know ....at least with cam I can see a lot of green once he gets it all down.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

And don't see why not. He's already shown he's not afraid of the spotlight. 

To be championship contender though, just luke the other star it needs talent around him,  he need guys with similar mental makeup even if not his actual skill level. 

Nothing scares the kid. He has that 'it'

• Like 4