• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Skyhawks vs Red Claws

macdaddy

• Moderators

Went to the Skyhawks game yesterday.  First off, i highly recommend it.  Sit anywhere, get close to the teams and at least this game was pretty exciting.  

The level of play is......not great.   There's a reason most of these guys won't make the nba.  As far as the Skyhawks go you can see why Charlie Brown is a prospect.  The dude is tall and fast.  His offensive skills need a lot of work though or else he was having a bad game.  But in a league where it seems like a lot of guys just aren't big enough or quick enough to make the jump to the NBA, Charlie doesn't have that problem.  

McCall, who i think played a little for the hawks last year?, looked good.   He took over late. 

Nick Ward played really well and is a big body.  Not sure he has the quickness for the NBA but seems to have everything else.  

Derrickson had 30 points which i didn't realize until i looked at the box score.

Tacko Fall was playing for Maine and I'd heard he was dominating Gleague but he played pretty poorly in this game.  Makes you see why he's not with Boston.  His size is truly unbelievable though.  His shoulders were above everyone else's heads.   It also seems like coaches and players are just adverse to the idea of throwing the ball up to him.  They make him post up like he's a regular player vs him just standing in the lane and catching passes 8 feet in the air.   I don't get it tbh.   He had one big block but for the most part wasn't really blocking shots.   He did draw a lot of fouls.

Carsen Edwards is the one guy you wonder why he isn't in the NBA.   Well other than being a generous 5'11".    He was really the best player on the court offensively.  

SkyHawks lost by one on basically a last second shot but it was exciting.

Sheldon Williams is on the skyhawks staff.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Carsen Edwards is the one guy you wonder why he isn't in the NBA.   Well other than being a generous 5'11".    He was really the best player on the court offensively.  

Saw a few Big Ten games Edwards was in the last couple of years and thought he might be a guy TS would look at maybe late first round. Surprised he hasn't acclimated to the Celtic's roster as of yet but then its been only half a season. Anyway, thought he would get decent minutes this year in the big league.