• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some of you need to just shut up!

swolehawk2

I have heard many of you say say Reef is not this or that..he justs gets meaningless numbers...not a go to guy...Ratliff only blocks shots and does not do much else to help the team...and Dickau sucks....then you turn around and say we should have got young potential superstars..and #1 draft picks for these flawed players.

What is it?

Did we give up to very good players for nothing?

Or

Did we unload two mediocre players that made a lot of money for the future of the franchise?

By the way the two top free agents are considered to be Kobe and Kenyon...well Kenyon is no better than Reef and his attitude sucks ....and Kobe is not coming here....he is going to try and play in the west so he can stick it to the Lakers.

Plus this years draft is weak as hell.

• Premium Member

Well, I think what you are seeing is the reaction you get when a good player is traded for Nothing Swole.

That's what we did. We pulled a Dominique with Reef and Rattler.

It's hard to say if this was a deal because we want to be in the FAcy market or if this was a deal because we lack money to complete the ownership issue. However, whatever the reason for the deal, we got nothing for 2 good players.

It's hard to say if this was a deal because we want to be in the FAcy market or if this was a deal because we lack money to complete the ownership issue.

How in the world do you think its hard to say that? Do you really think that with the 900 owners (not literally) that make up Atlanta Spirit they dont have enough money to buy this team? Did you just accidentally type that or something Diesel or are you just trying to stir something up where there is none.

Dolfan,

No, it is a fact that the Atlanta Spirit has balked at picking up their share of the liability for this teams debt and they don't want to continue to lose money at a record pace. (isn't it some sickening figure like 10MM per day)

This is a punk move by a punk organization.

Weren't the same words spewing forth from Knight when we traded Big Load? He said, "We made this move to be able to make moves for FAs like Odom." We didn't even offer Odom a contract.

It is lip service.

This was one of the worst moves for all parties, except the trailblazers and Theo. It isn't good for the Hawks, it isn't good for Reef.

• Premium Member

Dol...

Have you been keeping up with the bits and pieces from the financial side that we have been getting.

I'm not saying that these guys don't have the portfolio (like McDavid) I'm saying that to them, this is more of a hobby purchase than their life. The Franchise has some bad deals and has been losing money. Belkin and Co. are strong arming AOL to get a better deal than what was offered. This deal has gone from being a 400 million dollar deal to being a 92 million dollar deal (by some people's account). That being the case because of the Arena's collataral agreement.

If we get under the cap and collect the revenue from not having to pay the luxury tax for 2 years, then the NBA revenue would pay for the collataral and put the team back on the positive side of things.

Also, there has to be something that put BUTTS into Seats. I have said since the offseason that Atlanta won't continue to pay BIG money for losing. I hope that Jaywalker is right and JT is on the slow boat to CHina too.