• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Something We haven't Considered....

Diesel

• Premium Member

Cam's a good guy. Cam's a good player. Won't get me to say anything staunchly negative about him.

Believe that once he made his decision that he needed to take his basketball and play elsewhere, a new (not "the," but "a") priority arose to showcase him and encourage him to try to raise his stock for the team's own natural purposes.

Think that affects chemistry.

We could argue his decision to ask out (and have).

But my take is that that decision was itself significantly influenced by factors outside his control, or anyone's for that matter--factors that substantially hampered the likelihood that there would be some tangible reward (championship or close to it) for being content to fill the role of lead scorer on the second unit.

I still hate the trade on its merits, because I still feel Cam woulda/coulda been a significant asset in the post season... and I don't see Knox as being an alternative that the GM and the HC should be content to rely on... we do need a Kenrich Williams or some equivalent backing up Dre.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, sturt said:

Cam's a good guy. Cam's a good player. Won't get me to say anything staunchly negative about him.

Believe that once he made his decision that he needed to take his basketball and play elsewhere, a new (not "the," but "a") priority arose to showcase him and encourage him to try to raise his stock for the team's own natural purposes.

We could argue his decision to ask out (and have).

But my take is that that decision was itself significantly influenced by factors outside his control, or anyone's for that matter--factors that substantially hampered the likelihood that there would be some tangible reward (championship or close to it) for being content to fill the role of lead scorer on the second unit.

I still hate the trade on its merits, because I still feel Cam woulda/coulda been a significant asset in the post season... and I don't see Knox as being an alternative that the GM and the HC should be content to rely on... we do need a Kenrich Williams or some equivalent backing up Dre.

I'm not really saying that Cam was a Bad guy but it's very suspect that he only showed up when Trae wasn't around.  It's also something that when he played with the second team, he put up a majority of the shots and our second team was nowhere near cohesive as it is now. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Diesel said:

It's also something that when he played with the second team, he put up a majority of the shots

48 minutes ago, sturt said:

I like Cam, I believe in his potential. That being said this team took off last season after Cam went down.

10-16 record with Cam (1-3 in playoffs)

31-15 without (9-5 in playoffs)

Talent doesn't always equal fit. This team looked much better last season with Tony Snell starting at SF (14-9) than it ever did with Cam starting (8-13).

This may gaslight some posters, but it is what it is. We have not been a good team with Cam in the lineup. Doesn't take anything away from HIS abilities. But results matter at the end of the day.