• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Trade Tiers.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi's minutes will need to be carefully managed going forward. He needs to take care of that knee this offseason. May now be an issue in any trade that and his 15% trade kicker.

Here's hoping with a full offseason he can come back and put the knee stuff behind him. Last year it was an unusually short turnaround from last game to start of year so that may have contributed to him not being able to get right. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Diesel said:

My question about this..

Isn't there some type of clause in the NBA players' contract that would prevent them from playing in another league?  If Bogi were to get hurt playing in EuroBasket...  That effects the Hawks.  (for instance). 

i.e. I'm talking aside from the Olympics.

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

Eurobasket is not another pro league. It is international men's competition. Bogi is on his national team. If he doesn't play it means he is concerned about his knee long term. Personally I hope he doesn't play in it but you can't tell a guy not to play for his country. America is the only country that doesn't really take part in several international competitions like Eurobasket for basketball.

I don't think they can outright prevent them. If they are injured though, I think they have to be cleared by their NBA team to participate. Recently a player was denied clearance to play (I can't remember the player or team).