Hawks Trade Tiers.

JayBirdHawk

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogdan Bogdanović (two years, $36 million remaining, includes player option for 2023-2024) 

I’m so back n forth on Bogi but during the exit interviews he vowed to come back and have an awesome year. Call me crazy but I believe him.

Then I just saw this…

I don’t want to trade him he’s gonna go off next year. He’s resting the knees.

Despite the wrong pic below :eyebrow: let’s keep our guy. @kg01 I guess all Bogi’s look alike huh.. :blanky:

Bogdan Bogdanovic to miss Eurobasket?

i_29_6b_43_bojan-bogdanovic.png?w=190

Atlanta Hawks and Serbia NT star Bogdan Bogdanovic has been suffering from knee pain for months now and his participation in the 2022 EuroBasket in September is unlikely, according to reports by mozzartsport.com. Bogdanovic, 29, has faced these issues for quite a while now, but still managed to play through pain with the Atlanta Hawks in the first round of the playoffs this past April vs. the Miami Heat.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m so back n forth on Bogi but during the exit interviews he vowed to come back and have an awesome year. Call me crazy but I believe him.

Then I just saw this…

Despite the wrong pic below :eyebrow: let’s keep our guy. @kg01 I guess all Bogi’s look alike huh.. :blanky:

Atlanta Hawks and Serbia NT star Bogdan Bogdanovic has been suffering from knee pain for months now and his participation in the 2022 EuroBasket in September is unlikely, according to reports by mozzartsport.com. Bogdanovic, 29, has faced these issues for quite a while now, but still managed to play through pain with the Atlanta Hawks in the first round of the playoffs this past April vs. the Miami Heat.

Bogi's minutes will need to be carefully managed going forward. He needs to take care of that knee this offseason. May now be an issue in any trade that and his 15% trade kicker.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Then I just saw this…

I still heart Bogd.  It's too bad, due to the knee, we didn't get what we want out of him.  I'm sadly thinking, due to the knee, we may need to trade him.

If we do, it'll break my heart as much as yours was broken when @marco102 professed his undying love for the Warriors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

With rumors of Fournier isn't Bogi much better off the bench than Evan?   

Player comps from this past season:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=bogdabo01&p1yrfrom=2022&player_id2=fournev01&p2yrfrom=2022

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Whoa. Evan shoots only 70% from the stripe? Gramps ain’t gonna like that.

Ughhhh, Bogi just has a ton of passion. Wish he was healthy more often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The most shocking thing here to me is that Fournier started 80 games last season.  Wow!   But looks like he's basically shooting all 3s now.   He's attempting half as many 2s as during his 'prime' orlando years.    These guys are the same age too which i didn't realize.   I still think Bogi is a better scorer. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

I prefer Bogi to Fournier as a player, but the best ability as a player is availability. Fournier won that category last season.

Tough because it is the only category he won and he isn't real consistent in that area himself:

image.png

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Then I just saw this…

My question about this..

Isn't there some type of clause in the NBA players' contract that would prevent them from playing in another league?  If Bogi were to get hurt playing in EuroBasket...  That effects the Hawks.  (for instance). 

i.e. I'm talking aside from the Olympics.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

" Hubie, whats your thoughts on this young Hawks team?"

" One of the hardest things to do with a young team is to get every player to buy into a team concept.  I wasn't afraid to trade anybody who thought otherwise."

Top 20 Hubie GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

And you want Kyrie? :eyebrow: Isn’t that the opposite?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Diesel said:

My question about this..

Isn't there some type of clause in the NBA players' contract that would prevent them from playing in another league?  If Bogi were to get hurt playing in EuroBasket...  That effects the Hawks.  (for instance). 

i.e. I'm talking aside from the Olympics.

Ya I don’t know the details on that. Personally, I don’t want my guys playing ball all year. Too much wear and tear to play in the summer then another 82 games and playoffs. It’ll break you down.

• Premium Member

Eurobasket is not another pro league. It is international men's competition. Bogi is on his national team. If he doesn't play it means he is concerned about his knee long term. Personally I hope he doesn't play in it but you can't tell a guy not to play for his country. America is the only country that doesn't really take part in several international competitions like Eurobasket for basketball.

• Like 2