The Big Lie - Travis Schlenk version (???)

sturt

• Premium Member

That is why you should never take everything as an all-out carved in stone fact when these GMs say they will and won't do something. Circumstance change, when those situations get fluid, they have to go with the flow and see what shakes out the tree.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That is why you should never take everything as an all-out carved in stone fact when these GMs say they will and won't do something. Circumstance change, when those situations get fluid, they have to go with the flow and see what shakes out the tree.

You have to agree, though. Travis practically every time he's said something publicly has done what he'd indicated he would do.

So, that may be other GMs, but not him. Not previously.

*sigh*

What's changed?

I can think of something... there is no doubt at this point that he has an owner barking in his ear.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The NBA is fluid and full of personalities. I wouldn't get upset at Travis for adapting to the circumstances instead of being stubborn.

One man's adapting to the circumstances is another man's having no real compass.

One man's stubborn is another man's making decisions when he's sober-minded.

He's made great decisions until this point. And now we're tossing .653 in the crapper.

We won the Murray trade by most accounts, including mine.

People love the excitement of new toys. I'm a fan, too. I get it. But I'll be stunned and amazed if another trade makes us better.

We're going to have to send out a whole lotta talent regardless.

A wise man... or maybe it was a woman... once said, sometimes the best trade you make is the one you didn't.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We will see what happens, but so far it hasn’t been an overhaul. A lot of people here seem fine with just improving depth from here.

I hear you though, it’ll be better to look back on this come camp.