• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Snit 5 hunny

Spud2nique

I remember a few years ago someone on here (not naming names but they are quite verbose) said Snit should be canned. 

Tonight, number 500 and counting after a World Series belt to boot 👱! 

Â đŸ„ł #braveslifer #youwerewrongagain :laugh1:

#sotoisagoner #toldyouGALLOwouldbegone #toldyouBRUNOwouldntpanout

:approved:

59948F4F-26B4-40FE-8576-04E2B9167EF1.jpeg

• Like 2

• Moderators

Let's be honest, half of Atlanta wanted him canned a while ago.  

Interesting tidbit.  I went to a talk by former ajc beat writer Terrance Moore who was a close friend of Henry Aaran and has a new book about him.   He said a few things that surprised me.   Hank and Cox did not get along at all.  Hank never really got the credit he deserved for the Braves success in the 90s.  And that Snit was Aaron's guy that he had wanted for manager for a while.  

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I went to a talk by former ajc beat writer Terrance Moore who was a close friend of Henry Aaran

Wow I didn’t know.. I have a little beef with this guy. Now I know I may be the last person to be saying this but he seems a bit too angry all the time.  A bit of a know it all and a tad entitled as well. But maybe if I was close friends with Hank I’d feel pretty cool too I dunno.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wow I didn’t know.. I have a little beef with this guy. Now I know I may be the last person to be saying this but he seems a bit too angry all the time.  A bit of a know it all and a tad entitled as well. But maybe if I was close friends with Hank I’d feel pretty cool too I dunno.

Yeah.  That was always my take with Moore also. I was never a fan but i think the insight he has into Hank is good.  The book is really about Hank and the general racism of baseball that still endures in a lot of ways.  

I think he's right about Hank's contributions as an executive.  All the credit goes to Cox/Schurholtz and most casual observers really thought Hank was in a ceremonial position when in reality he was in charge of the whole farm system that delivered player after player for a long time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

when in reality he was in charge of the whole farm system that delivered player after player for a long time.

I can see him hand selecting those guys even from the late 80’s like Gant and Justice and all them. That’s awesome 👏