• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta's Death Lineup....

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm stealing from GS.  They created a thing called a Death Lineup...

The Death Lineup, Andre Iguodala and Other Warriors Concerns ...

A good mix of shooting plus defense but they played Small ball. 

Can we have one of those?

Atlanta Hawks held 'preliminary' talks with new John Collins suitorHawks' De'Andre Hunter agrees to four-year, $95 million extension -  CBSSports.comHawks news: AJ Griffin reacts to career night in upset win over BucksDejounte Murray shines in Hawks debut at NBA Abu Dhabi Games | NBA.comTrae Young's rumored Hawks displeasure could lead to trade

Small ball in Atlanta.   The death lineup.   The job.. Run and Gun.   No.. We don't have the splash bros... but I think that AJ soldifies our three point shooting with Hunter (if his mind is right).   I would play the last 4 minutes of the 3rd and the first 4 minutes of the 4th with this lineup.. before bringing Clint back to close the show.   The job is to run the other team and build a lead.   The thing is... Does DJ have the handles to be the PG for the Death Lineup?

• Premium Member

Atlanta's 3rd Lineup should be:

Frank, JJ, Bogi, DJ, Aholi. 

I'm getting to the place where I'm starting to believe that Bogi shouldn't be the only shooter on the floor.   BUT.. He shouldn't be on the floor with AJ either. 

I have evaluated AHoli.  He's not bad.   He plays good defense and he can shoot.  He won't shoot.  But he can shoot.   We need an offense that can spread the floor.   Here's the thing... Frank is no Gallo.   However, Frank is Frank.  He's not Djieng either.  Now that Frank is in shape, give him some minutes.   Frank can be just as good as Mason Plumlee if not better. 

The anchor of this team would have to be Bogi and JJ.   JJ has to provide rebounding and defense.  Dj has to be the midrange scorer.  But I think without having to always make tough shots, Bogi could thrive ina lineup like this.

Don't forget, under Nate, any lineup must fit under the nine man rotation rule.  I know.  He slipped up and played ten in our last game.  One player seven minutes and the other three minutes.  They were the only players with a (+) with their name.

:smug:

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Not sure any line-up on a .500 team deserves a nickname.  In any event, I think that line-up has spent about 16 minutes total together all season.

Yea, we are marginally better (maybe) than the Dwight Howard, Schröder, Millsap team that prompted Schlenk to rebuild from scratch. Let's pump the breaks on nicknames.