• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dark horse candidates you could imagine being interested/getting considered

sturt

• Premium Member

I suggested Avery Johnson, but the man's become highly financially successful evidently since leaving the Bama job to start his own financial services firm... based on what I've been reading, coming back to coach would be quite the sacrifice. Doubtful he'd have any interest.

But he's a name that's still pretty well regarded, and I just have a feeling personally that we're making it a lot easier on all concerned if we hire a former PG.

Switching gears a bit...

Blanket statement.

It's really really difficult to evaluate former head coaches on the basis of their W/L% at their previous stop(s).

Not so much those who've won, like D'Antoni... they're proven, though there's also the prospect of "how much fire do they still have in the belly?"

But those who've not yet really had a sustained success as a head coach can't necessarily be dinged for that. NBA history is filled with guys like Bill Fitch who spent 8 of his first 9 head coaching years in a purgatory called Cleveland. But then, you give a guy a good roster in Boston, and his worst  record in four years was a 56 win team.

Fitch, mind you, was widely admired around the league for the job he did with the expansion Cavaliers, which is why the Celtics were attracted to him, even though there were only 3 winning seasons in those 9.

So, I'm not dismissive of anyone on the basis of records. It's just more complicated than that, from where I sit.

That's all. Carry on.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

Dark horse is Steve Nash.  That’s who Trae will push for.  

Trae's pushing or you're pushing? 😉

In all seriousness, Nash's only value is Trae's pick. Thats it. 20th and 22nd d-rating in Brooklyn. Sure they had offense but so do we.

Edited by theheroatl